PG Music Home
This song I wrote tonight, arranged it tonight and recorded it tonight...

This will be the third song on the "Risen from Ashes" Album

You don't want to chase those Rainbows:

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12726996

BB Real Tracks - 2 acoustic guitars
BB Real Tracks - Clean Electric for bass and organ
Ezkeys - Piano
EzDrummer - Drums
Voice - well just me...
Structure Virtual Instrument - Strings
Hi Paul,

To my ears, this song has a really standout chorus! It's brilliant. A very strong composition.

Regards,
Noel
I guess I need to start burning the candle at both ends more... I guess I write better when I'm dog tired...lol

Seriously thank you... another hard song to write.. topic wise.. but that is what "Risen from the Ashes" as an album for me is all about...
Paul

Excellent production! Nice vocal.
I can see you use the EZkeys, I have been wondering about this new 'toy'. What is your experience with that - sounds good

Jan
Paul great song! Very well produced tune. Thanks 4 shraing!

My Music
Its really good for a first release... The program still needs some work. There are a number of extra features needing to be put in (to save time and make it a better gui). I'm personally looking forwarded to seeing what they do with it.. with that said in its current state its useable in my work flow....

I've already used it to write 3 new songs... I love the visual and workable chord wheel... so much easier finding that "Right" chord....I really hope BB does the same by adding a Chord Wheel when clicking on the chord ....
Paul,

You really have a way with your songs. some really good stuff there.

Rob
Paul,
I like the following things about this song:

1) your vocals are very recognizeable and marketable

2) I liked the reverb added to the vocals.. it really filled it in and added audio interest

3) I liked the used of strings to intensify the mood of the song at those points

4) I really liked the variety you achieved in the percussion... this is usually one of the obvious tipoffs that a song has been produced with some sort of automation. Whatever you did added a layer of realism that appealed to my musical sensibilities.

5) the lyrics are interesting and well-conceived. Your vocals did justice to them

6) piano sounds great.

mild criticisms:
at some point the song started sounding redundant to me. IMO, it would benefit from a more dramatic departure from the rest of the song... maybe even a passage in a different key or raised a half step.

I also think a vocal harmony would add audio interest to the song, if used sparingly

Summary:
Very professional sounding! I liked this songa lot! Keep up the good work!
Just Re-Did the vocal with a Melodyn Pitch correction

Paul,

your vocals didn't sound like they needed help in the first place!

but, I must say, your use of this plugin is totally transparent... there's no indication of any touch-up. In my opinion, the difference between pretty good and perfect can make a big differnce in how the song comes across.. especially if the melody includes some jumps to locations where a voice might not land perfectly. This sounds great to me! You're making some good music! I look forward to hearing more
hi paul excellent well done great vocals and mix pro sound thanks realy enjoyed eric
Hi Paul,

This song has everything, great lyrics and vocals, super backing tracks and an expert mix.

Two thumbs up!
Paul,

Cannot improve on the comments above.

Loved the vocals, and entire song, first class!
Ok guys I went back and took some of the comments.. I Melodyn Pitch Corrected the vocals in a few spots.. and then added a Harmony Track on PreChorus and Chorus sections..

Paul,

Nice song. As always, your vocals sound good. Well done!

Steve
Paul,
Top notch job! Great song. Thanks for sharing.
SD
Excellent. I've nevr heard of ezkeys but the song is strong in all respects.
WSS
© PG Music Forums