PG Music Home
Posted By: Achordocaster Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 03/31/12 08:15 PM
I recently set up a YouTube channel and I've got several songs on there.

This is one I posted about this time last year, it has pictures of me with some bands I've been in from the 1980's till now. Some background info on the song below.

Also right above the video is a tab (videos) that shows 2 other songs (a couple of my all-time favorites) I did with BIAB over the winter... I'm not posting a direct link to those songs for obvious reasons. I am pretty happy with how they turned out and certainly welcome any feedback on them in addition to the original.

I do have a new original I'm working on and hope to have a recording of it in the near future.

Hope You Enjoy,

Greg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q7aCNt_f...ry2wI9W3kT0nuE=

"Rub It"

I was practicing with a backing track on my Fender G-Dec amplifier and came up with this lick that just sounded so cool with my new Tele. So I decided to see if I could come up with a whole song based on this backing track & lick. So I brought the midi file (drums, bass & strings) into RB and changed them to audio files and adjusted to the right length, then added some other RealDrum tracks and brought them all into Reaper, then added my guitar parts & vocals. So the only RT's are the drum parts. I also did something different in that I used my JamVox for the guitar parts (which I usually do) but this time instead of recording the guitars dry and adding FX in Reaper, I used the FX from the guitar settings in JamVox 'cause I really liked the way they sounded. Most of the guitar parts are my new Tele but my Strat does have a track as well.
(Had to... he was gettin' jealous)

The song is meant to make you grin. It is a little long so we'll call it the dance mix.

All comments welcome.

PS The other 2 songs are all RT's plus me on guitar parts & vocals.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/01/12 12:10 AM
hi greg really cool tune nice guitar tones and mix enjoyed thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/01/12 04:59 AM
cool way to sneak in a few covers. I liked them both... nice job all around!
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/01/12 06:19 AM
Hey Eric thanks for the listen. And thank you too Pat... I thought it was an acceptable work around.

Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/01/12 05:20 PM
Quote:

hi greg really cool tune nice guitar tones and mix enjoyed thanks for sharing eric

A BIG+1

Great chops
Posted By: seeker Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/01/12 05:28 PM
Greg,

Nothing to say but ditto on Mario's post.
Really is great dance and fun song.
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/02/12 06:55 AM
Mario & Frank,

Thanks guys for the kind words.

I don't know if you checked them out or not, but I have a couple other songs on my YouTube site that I didn't want to post direct links to. If you didn't, please give them a listen and let me know what you think. I know they're just covers, but I still appreciate everyone's comments on mix, etc.

Thanks again.

Greg
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/02/12 08:57 PM
Greg,

Great sound. I enjoyed the 2 covers. Like both of those songs. When I was a "young" man, Glen Campbell came on the scene, and I was an instant fan. And singing some of Jimmy Webb's compositions didn't hurt him! And Wonderful World is a great classic. Good job on all of it!

Steve
Posted By: Sundance Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/03/12 05:06 AM
Hey Greg,

Everything sounds good to me.

Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/03/12 06:09 PM
Hey Steve,

Thank you you so much! Ditto on Glen Campbell, I've been a big fan since I was a kid. I remember watching the "Good-time Hour" and wanting my hair to look just like Glen's!

Josie,

Thank you too!

Greg
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/04/12 04:09 PM
Looks like you took the hair one step further, nice guitar picking and fun song Greg!
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Original Song: "Rub It" Repost - 04/05/12 07:03 AM
Thanks Tommy,

Never really had long hair until I met my wife... She wanted me to grow it out, so now here I am 25+ yrs later ... I did cut it all off once, but it just felt weird so I grew it out again!

Greg
© PG Music Forums