PG Music Home
Posted By: Paul bright Love has not Bounds - Remix - 04/18/12 03:16 PM
Re-doing this song .. I never got it right.. 1st attempt at 2:00 am last night...
Added some new real tracks..slowed it down.. drum now 1/2 time
and redone

BB Rock Country Swing - guitar
BB Clean Electric - bass
BB 2 acoustic - 2 guitars
Piano - Ezkeys
Strings - Protools
Drum - EZDrummer

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12943448
Posted By: Paul bright Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix - 04/18/12 03:20 PM
still needs some parts on the chorus.. to change the sound flavor...
Posted By: Skyline Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix - 04/19/12 09:56 AM
Hi Paul,

There's a very good song here and your voice and delivery is, well, superb!

But I confess the mix distracted me. Your vocal is right up close, i.e. not a lot of reverb, but the backing is all lost in a huge reverb wash a long way away, so it sounds to me as if the drummer for example was way down the other end of a hangar desparately trying to make himself heard! In other words, the vocalist and the band weren't in the same space and so I couldn't engage myself with the backing instrumentation. I think if all the components were brought into perspective with each other then the arrangement and sounds of the instruments would all pop out as successfully as the lead vocal.

I hope you don't mind my comments! You may have been going for a full-on 'Journey'/'Reo Speedwagon' vibe, and that's all a matter of personal taste!

John
Posted By: Paul bright Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix - 04/20/12 03:16 AM
yea is was a bad mix.. it sounded good at 3:00 am lol... Here I hope is a better one.. There were some bad chords in the first version..

I still need to re-record the vocal track.. it was a 3:00 am sing session when I was completely wiped... and pitchy with scratchy in some places...
Posted By: Paul bright Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix - 04/20/12 03:19 AM
Don't like the mix yet... bummer Strings on chorus sound like two cats fighting in the back alley
Posted By: Paul bright Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix - 04/20/12 04:46 AM
ok.. just re-did it.. the chorus is better... replaced the realtrack with clean electric organ and praise worship pads

Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix - 04/20/12 06:36 PM
Another excellent song! Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music
Posted By: Paul bright Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix - 04/20/12 11:08 PM
You should have heard the version Skyline heard... lol It was cross between Mega Echo and Two cats fighting in an alley.. man that version would have caused hearing loss...lol

That't what I get for doing these on my off hours at 2:00 am.. man the paying job gets in the way of fun...lol
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix - 04/21/12 06:22 PM
Paul,

Another good one! Good job on the vocals. Didn't hear the earlier mix you referred to. This one sounds good.

Steve
© PG Music Forums