PG Music Home
Posted By: vzudell Just Let Me Look At You - 05/03/12 07:20 AM
Just posting a new song that I did as an experiment using the Melodist in BIAB. First time using the Melodist and the song pretty much wrote itself. Only had to make a few minor changes to the melody that came out of the Melodist. Wanted something easy to listen to so I used RealTracks PianoFlo from Disc #70. I haven't written lyrics yet but I think it will be fairly easy. All acoustic piano.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11615182
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Just Let Me Look At You - 05/03/12 08:21 AM
Great tune no lyrics?
Standing bye.
Rob
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Just Let Me Look At You - 05/03/12 01:03 PM
Can't wait for some singing to this, hope you feel better enough to sing soon!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Just Let Me Look At You - 05/03/12 01:55 PM
Quote:

Me too.

Val, that's the piano styling that I love best.

Are your voice exercises helping? It can be a long, hard road back but the rewards will be gratifying to yourself as well as your many new friends who are anxious to hear you sing again. Christine is a wonderful young lady who is both loving and dedicated to helping people with voice disabilities. Follow her advice and YOU WILL SING AGAIN! She has been working out of Muskogee so I haven't seen her lately. Professional ethics prevent her from discussing your progress anyway.
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: Just Let Me Look At You - 05/03/12 04:20 PM
Val,

Nice tune, but I like the ones you compose much better.
BIAB is amazing though. I'll have to give that Melodist a try one of these days it sounds like it'd be fun.

Tim
Posted By: Superbron Re: Just Let Me Look At You - 05/04/12 09:24 AM
Quote:

Ditto! This song is begging for lyrics and vocals
Posted By: MarioD Re: Just Let Me Look At You - 05/04/12 02:35 PM
I would like to hear you sing on this one also, it’s very pretty as is, but after reading Don’s message please don’t rush. Your recovery is your highest priority.

Until then could you add some midi parts? I’m thinking orchestral strings and choir in the background and possible a flute or oboe lead.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Just Let Me Look At You - 05/04/12 03:16 PM
Val,

Thanks for sharing this. I am still praying for you to get your voice back, so we can hear some of your lovely singing. But like Mario said, just take your time, and let the healing/recovery take place without doing any further damage. It'll be worth the wait!

Steve
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Just Let Me Look At You - 05/08/12 12:44 PM
Val,
Nice tune. I've played around with the Melodist feature a bit also. It's really remarkable what BIAB can do. I'm looking forward to see how your experiment evolves.
SD
© PG Music Forums