PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog The Veterans' Memorial - 05/07/12 02:05 PM
Dear Forum folks,
Greetings! I hope everyone is doing well an enjoying the spring weather. Spring is also the time I start thinking about the patriotic holidays coming up. Last year my wife and I wrote a song called, "The Veterans' Memorial" in honor of our fathers who were both WWII vets and have both passed away. The song will soon be played a ceremony dedicating a flag memorial park on honor of my father-in-law.
I hope you enjoy the song, but more importantly I hope it helps everyone remember what these everyday heroes did to preserve our great nation.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11468522&q=hi&newref=1

SpaceDog
Posted By: Nels Re: The Veterans' Memorial - 05/08/12 12:35 PM
Hi, nice job. I enjoyed listening.

Cheers

Nels
Posted By: Steve Young Re: The Veterans' Memorial - 05/09/12 04:38 AM
SpaceDog,

Thanks for sharing this song. Well written, and great message. I know your family is touched by this fitting tribute you and your wife have written to honor your father in law. We owe a lot to the "Greatest Generation"!

Steve
Posted By: Tommyc Re: The Veterans' Memorial - 05/09/12 11:25 AM
My Dad flew the China-Burma-India Hump as a in-flight mechanic! Thanks SD for writing a memorial song to all the Hero's of WW-ll! We do owe a lot to the "Greatest Generation"!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: The Veterans' Memorial - 05/09/12 01:19 PM

Nels, Steve, Tommy,
Thanks for your kind words. My father-in-law, who passed last year, was US Army Air Corps during WWII and later joined in the American Legion. Community Service was just part of life as the song says. The first verse is about him.
The second verse is about my father. That's him getting into the plane during WWII. The other photo is of me on duty in Korea in the 90's. He taught me to fly before I could drive.
Glad you liked the song. OBTW, my wife is playing the french horn in the recording.
SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: The Veterans' Memorial - 05/29/12 11:15 PM
All,
I wanted to let you know our county held a ceromony on memorial day dedicating a flag plaza in honor of my father-in-law. During the ceremony they played the song "The Veterans' Memorial." It was really a special moment for the family.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day also.
Been tied up with work lately. I'll post new songs soon.
Take care
SD
Posted By: WSE1 Re: The Veterans' Memorial - 05/31/12 05:58 PM
Thank you for doing that. It is a great tribute to those who serve and especially those who paid the ultimate price.

Bravo!

Sal
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: The Veterans' Memorial - 05/31/12 08:40 PM
Sal,
Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it.
SD
© PG Music Forums