PG Music Home
Posted By: carpiesong Let Me Sing To You - 05/19/12 11:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK4nkxcxi6c

"Let Me Sing To You"

(c) 2012 Dana R. Carpenter, Jr.
Performed by Carpie
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Let Me Sing To You - 05/20/12 01:23 AM
I listened to all of your YouTube songs (4 or 5) and I suggest that you concentrate your energies on Train Wreck. The others are more rap-sounding. I didn't catch the groove on any of them but got the "ho hum, been here before" feeling. I don't mean to sound cruel but I'm being candid and honest. Your guitar work on Train Wreck was exceptional. I would recommend building on that.
Posted By: carpiesong Re: Let Me Sing To You - 05/26/12 07:08 PM
Sorry you feel that way.

Oddly, while people do like "Train Wreck," the ladies love "(Where Are You) Little Miss Sunshine" and people request "Let Me Sing To You."

Thanks for the comments
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Let Me Sing To You - 05/26/12 08:05 PM
Like it. I would suggest shorting it if you expect radio play or if you are going to put it on an album. It is ok to have a 5 minute song in concert, especially if people like it and can sing along, country radio stations not so much, And someone listening to an album is just wanting to hear the next tune. Unless you are a proven talent like flatts, mcgraw or Swift they want short but sweet. Gives them more space for advertisements, lol. There are always exceptions to every rule. I felt like you could have shortened this one a little and still kept the entire grove intact. I can see why concert fans would like it. Thanks for sharing!

My Music
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Let Me Sing To You - 05/26/12 09:48 PM
Quote:

Like it. I would suggest shorting it if you expect radio play or if you are going to put it on an album. It is ok to have a 5 minute song in concert, especially if people like it and can sing along, country radio stations not so much, And someone listening to an album is just wanting to hear the next tune. Unless you are a proven talent like flatts, mcgraw or Swift they want short but sweet. Gives them more space for advertisements, lol. There are always exceptions to every rule. I felt like you could have shortened this one a little and still kept the entire grove intact. I can see why concert fans would like it. Thanks for sharing!

My Music

Ditto . . . I too like the tune but good advice from Robert above.

Later,
© PG Music Forums