PG Music Home
Posted By: tommyad Old Martin Guitar - 06/02/12 12:58 PM
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11681530

SLBGRW.STY

Added Real Tracks - Fiddle Background Pop Waltz

Me on Live Vocals and Dobro
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Old Martin Guitar - 06/02/12 02:24 PM
I really love this one Tommy! It's something that everybody can relate to - singing as a family.

Nice warm vox and great Dobro, btw.
Posted By: trapper456 Re: Old Martin Guitar - 06/02/12 04:22 PM

I recall just having a conversation with someone on this forum about that. I have a friend that was going to sell me a 1939 D-18 guitar for a couple of hundred dollars. I talked to him and told him that this guitar was probably worth about $50,000.00 and he wouldn't part with after I mentioned that.

I didn't know that it was worth that much either, but I just couldn't take advantage of my friend after I found out about that. I didn't even intend to take advantage of him about that guitar he's my friend. Now he is going to keep this guitar and will it to his great grandson. He now still has something to pass down through his family. In about 20 years it will be even worth way more than that.

But anyhow, that song was very creative and that can be related to. My friend told me a few stories about his family that where like your song suggest. His family was very musical and they also used to sit around and sing all the old songs. His martin guitar has brought him many years of happiness. You should put this song up on I-Tunes it would sell very good because people can really relate to it. I love it, keep up the good work. Trapper456
Posted By: MarioD Re: Old Martin Guitar - 06/02/12 06:39 PM
This is one fantastic country song! Great lyrics, backing tracks, vocals and that is some mighty fine Dobro!

Two big thumbs up.
Posted By: jford Re: Old Martin Guitar - 06/03/12 03:16 AM
Excellent classic country song.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Old Martin Guitar - 06/03/12 04:07 AM
I loved it . . . so I can only echo whats already been said.

Great Job!
© PG Music Forums