You Rescue Me (c) 2011 Reece Bain

Lead Vocals, Organ, Drum Programming (Superior Drummer) - Beagle
BGV's Yvonne Utz
Sax - Rich Arizmendi
Acoustic - Steve Rohlfing
Bass - Ed Kocol
Lead Guitar - BIAB
MIDI Drums (part) - BIAB

I always use BIAB to create my songs. I start with a melody then build chords in BIAB using different styles. sometimes the instruments stay in the final product, sometimes none of them do.

The "Lead Guitar" is actually a rhythm guitar I adapted to become lead from the DrivingCountryB Electric (803) Real tracks. Some of the MIDI drums are also from that Real Band, but I don't remember which style I used since I changed the style for the MIDI drums because the CROCK12S has real drums that I replaced with MIDI. But I also changed the programming a lot to my own MIDI.

After creating the tracks in BIAB and RB, I transferred everything to Sonar X1 where I used a lot of different FX, but mostly from the ProChannel options and the included FX with Sonar like the VX-64, the PX-64 and others.

Hope you enjoy!
Posted By: Sundance Re: You Rescue Me - 06/04/12 03:25 AM
Hey Beagle,

Long time no hear around here. LOL! Welcome back.

Nice work - I enjoyed it.
Posted By: Beagle Re: You Rescue Me - 06/04/12 10:34 PM
thanks Josie! I appreciate it! yeah, I've been pretty busy lately!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: You Rescue Me - 06/05/12 12:07 AM
Hey Beagle.

Nice stuff.
Posted By: Skyline Re: You Rescue Me - 06/05/12 09:39 AM
I really like this Beagle, especially the chunky, solid beat. Original structure, cool chord changes, strong vocals and great use of stops. I like the fret/string noise at the very end, very natural!
Nice one!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: You Rescue Me - 06/05/12 11:19 AM
Hi Beagle,

Great listen! I'm with Skyline on the use of stops - very creative. I look forward to hearing more of your work.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: You Rescue Me - 06/06/12 03:29 PM
Quote:

I really like this Beagle, especially the chunky, solid beat. Original structure, cool chord changes, strong vocals and great use of stops. I like the fret/string noise at the very end, very natural!
Nice one!

A big +1

The lyrics are top notch also!
Posted By: Beagle Re: You Rescue Me - 06/06/12 05:51 PM
Rob4580 - thanks so much! I appreciate the listen and great comments

skyline (I think your name is John?) - thanks so much! I very much appreciate those great comments! I think the acoustic player did that as a "joke" because he's always doing stuff like that at church (he's the leader of our praise team band), but I thought it was pretty cool so I left it in there! good to see you here on these forums as well as sonar!

Noel - thanks so much for the listen and kind words! I'll post some more after this one dies down. thanks again!

MarioD - another sonar forumite! thanks so much for the great comments! I appreciate it very much!

I'll be fixing the mix a little based on feedback from the sonar forums. I'll have a new version up probably tonight - it'll be the same link, tho. I need to adjust the low end on it!

thanks everyone!
© PG Music Forums