PG Music Home
I just purchased BIAB yesterday and managed to create a song. It's called "Don't You Know It?" and you can listen to it here:

Warning: Adult Advisory - it may contain some racy themes (but no real curse words).

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11685197

Now, how did I do it? You've got me. I am finding there are no clear cut instructions on how to use this tool. I have BIAB Pro 2012 and Real Band, but how they work together, etc., is beyond me.
Quote:

... Now, how did I do it? You've got me. I am finding there are no clear cut instructions on how to use this ...

Ha, ha -- no there are no real templates to song creation. There are lots of ways to learn BIAB. Some folks here try every option and learn what every thing does. I just try and get chord progressions and filler instruments in there and hope for the best!

Nice sounds here on this tune.

Kevin
Thanks, Kemmrich. I gave a listen to some of your songs and they all are well done. Are those done with BIAB instrumentation? If so, I must keep pushing forward as it obviously is a great program.
Quote:

Thanks, Kemmrich. I gave a listen to some of your songs and they all are well done. Are those done with BIAB instrumentation? If so, I must keep pushing forward as it obviously is a great program.

The tunes at my "Kevin on Sondclick" link are all heavily BIAB-based. They were written as guitar/vocal pieces first and then re-done in BIAB. The hardest thing I find is keeping the "vibe" of the songs as they move into the realtracks world of BIAB. Sometimes you can loose that "real" feeling. But as we learn more, it becomes more and more possible to get where you want to go. But there are always compromises to make.
© PG Music Forums