PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic I Believe - 06/13/12 02:45 AM
Here is my latest song using Biab 2012. The style is orchestral piano arpeggios although the midi piano was replaced for real track. This song contains real and midi instruments.

The instruments are
real Bass 519
real ac. piano 1262
real drums bosa brushes perc=congas,shaker,triangle
real gtr dreamy
midi #61 french horn
midi #50 slow strings

My Music
Posted By: jan larkin Re: I Believe - 06/13/12 11:48 AM
Hi Pg,

Bautiful song and beautiful vocals, I wish I could stay in tune just you, will listen to a lot more of your stuff when I get time

Regards
Jan
Posted By: Tommyc Re: I Believe - 06/13/12 11:56 AM
You are always a wonderful inspiration to me Robert, hope you have a Blessed Day!
Posted By: Sundance Re: I Believe - 06/14/12 01:51 AM
Hey Robert,

Pretty song. Personally, I don't like the talkie part but that's just me - I don't like that in anybody's songs. Never have. LOL!

I believe your songwriting both lyrically and melodically is getting better and better all the time. It's a joy to listen as you grow.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Believe - 06/14/12 07:05 PM
Thanks everyone for listening and those who took the time to share some feedback. Sundance I did contemplate not using the spoken part; but the more I did the more I felt It should be there.

My Music
Posted By: Curt Young Re: I Believe - 06/15/12 12:29 AM
Robert,

I believe.............

This is a tremendous song with a great message.

One of your best, in my opinion.
Posted By: Beagle Re: I Believe - 06/16/12 03:12 PM
Hi Robert,
I really like this.

A few things I think could be better:
your vocals are nice, but I think you have potential to really bring this song up a level. If you can get some volume and power behind that chorus it would really bring this song to a higher level.

the mix is kind of dull. the piano is only during the beginning and the end and the strings are a little "over" done. the bass is almost inaudible.

I like the spoken bridge, but I don't like the vocal processing you did there. I would like to have hear more straight non-processed voice over there.

This I really liked: I love the meldoy, the song structure. I really like the lyrics - it's a very well written song.

Hope you're not put off by my comments. I really like the song!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Believe - 06/17/12 02:19 AM
Thanks Curt and Beagle and all who have taken the time to listen. Beagle no problem on the comments. That is how we get better by honest feedback.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: I Believe - 06/17/12 03:26 AM
hi robert nice one always enjoy your stuff thanks eric
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Believe - 06/19/12 07:53 AM
Thanks F.M.M for the kind words.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I Believe - 06/19/12 08:22 AM
Hi Robert,

Loved listening! I agree with Sundance, you writing and performing are getting more and more polished every time I tune in for one of your songs.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: I Believe - 06/19/12 12:09 PM
what everybody else said! This is a very nice song with a message that transcends the music. My only observations are as follows:

1) on my system the vocals sounded quieter <-(is that even a word??) than the background music... but that probably says more about my crummy PC speakers than it does about the song.. my speakers may not have the frequency range to accurately play back the mix that you put in place

2) the spoken part is important, and deserves utter clarity... but the effects you added remind me of the echo you'd hear in a stadium announcement. It may be that you were trying to recreate the experience of a Billy Graham crusade, and if that's the case, it worked. But if I didn't already know the passage you were reciting, I'm not sure I would have understood it. The apostle Paul said:

1 Corinthians 14:19
Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

which I take to mean that in order for others to be instructed by a message, they first need to understand the words

Anyway, having said all that, I want to conclude by saying how much I appreciate the way you use your music as a ministry. Its getting harder and harder for Christians to take a stand without getting beat up. Those who are only trying to please men will be silent when they face resistance from the world. But those who are looking for only God's approval will continue to give testimony while they have breath

Good job on all counts
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Believe - 06/21/12 02:46 AM
Thanks Pat Marr, Noel96 for the feedback. Thanks everyone for taking the time out to give it a listen.
© PG Music Forums