PG Music Home
I would like to have this be my 1st song . Even though i have had BIAB2012 for 6months my recent purchase of powertracks 2012 has made the process a dream.I have just scratched the surface of what i can do. So here is a song i started to write in 2001 and now with Biab i have finished it in just 3wks I will post all the info tomorrow .I played the bass and did all the vocals.It is far from a finished product so any input is welcome. thanks jerry . http://soundcloud.com/charliessun/2-months-of-bad-luck-remix
Hi Jerry,

I love the song! It's a very adventurous arrangement and mix. You should be really proud of this one. You asked for any input ... For what it's worth, I found myself wondering how the piano might have sounded in the mix it if wasn't panned fully left. I imagine you tried this but I was simply curious.

It's an A+ from me

Noel
Man you are really rocking out on this one Jerry! Fun Song!
Hi,

I loved this song too, had me rockin along, and I'm an oldie!

thanks for sharing

Regards
Jan
these are the Real tracks. I know i used a few drum tracks but i like that. I like the grooves of the allman brothers and widespread panic. RealDrums-RockEven8 , RealDrums-SambaPerc^01-CongasOnly , RealDrums-NashvilleSouthern^01-Sticks,Ride , RT498:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm StoneZ Honky 1 Ev 120 ('B' only) , RT1720:Guitar, Electric, Soloist TexasBluesRockStraightBrent , RT1563:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm BritBluesInvasionJohn Ev 120 , And 1 track for my Bass ,1 track for my backup vocals and 2 tracks for lead Vocal . Style is BLTRACY.STY (Blues Tracy - Soulful Blues Rock)
JC,
Great use of RTs. I loved the piano comp. Really enjoyed it the song!
May be not appropriate for this forum, but why was PowerTrack so much better to use than RealBand?
SD
Thanks SD . I would sometimes have issues with RB being fussy and glitch e , so i decided to do my final mixes and effects and such with powertracks . then when I get the mix the way I like it I do merge to stereo wave and then i did the Final mixing of fade ins-outs and over eq'ing in Audacity. it made the process so smooth and no AHdarn moments. I am really wishing i had ultraplus or everything paks.I am open to any suggestions on what may need to be tweaked. I am thinking of redoing my bass , i recorded it the 1st time i played the song all the way threw and thought it sounded ok you gotta love the one take recording.
Hey, JC, I enjoyed this. You have a real John Mellencamp vibe going with your vocals.
Wow - Power Tracks. I dig it. You might want to mix this a bit more (raise instruments, lower voice into mix, and add reverb to vocals).

This rocks!
Quote:

Hey, JC, I enjoyed this. You have a real John Mellencamp vibe going with your vocals.

I was thinking the same thing
this is a cool song, love the instruments you've chosen, great blues rock

your vocals need some pitch correction.
© PG Music Forums