PG Music Home
Posted By: Tommyc Head Room - 06/15/12 02:48 PM
http://soundcloud.com/tommy_cole/head-room
Recorded the Harmonica a long time ago and put in some Real Tracks, Midi and loops today.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Head Room - 06/17/12 03:01 AM
Great harp man!

You picked the perfect backing tracks for you leads.

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Head Room - 06/17/12 03:16 AM
hi tommy realy nice stuff love it keep comeing thanks eric
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 06/18/12 11:54 PM
Thanks Guys I found a old back-up CD that had a few tracks on it, was fun to revive it! Thanks for listening!
Posted By: jford Re: Head Room - 06/19/12 12:35 AM
Well, old fart, you really are having fun. Good stuff!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 06/20/12 01:12 AM
Ha, I am fun and farts personified! Especially with COPD (cough or poot disease)
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Head Room - 06/22/12 03:18 AM
Very Professional sounding mix. Harmonica work superb. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 06/22/12 11:13 AM
Thanks for listening Robert!
Posted By: ROG Re: Head Room - 06/22/12 06:33 PM
Tommy - where did you learn to play like that! That has to be some of the best harp playing I've heard. Loved the track. Thanks.

ROG.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 06/22/12 09:38 PM
I started playing harmonica in 1969 and had a roommate that had an huge collection of Blues records. Started playing Austin Blues clubs in 1971 and got the stage name Tom Terrific Tongue Man Hot Licks and Live Snake Show from a drummer who later played with Jimmy Buffet and George Strait. Played with a lot of famous musicians over the years, once when I opened up for John Mayall he refused to play harmonica after me. That made me sad cause I always loved his music. The band I played that show with (Bugs Henderson and the Shuffle Kings) called me up while I was playing another gig and wanted me to come for their show that was about to start. My band said go for it, and I drag raced to get there. I have always loved the Blues and where would it be without a harmonica. Thanks for listening ROG!
Posted By: ROG Re: Head Room - 06/22/12 10:24 PM
What a wealth of talent and experience there is on this forum!

I grew up in the 60s listening to Mayall, first with Clapton and then with Peter Green. I remember Mayall having a belt with all his harmonicas hanging off it. I always admired his playing, but if I was starting blues band, it's your door I'd be knocking on.

Classic stuff, Tommy. Thanks.

ROG.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Head Room - 06/23/12 04:59 PM
First class, Tommy. You're a master of the harmonica!

John
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Head Room - 06/24/12 07:45 AM
Hey Tommy.
You put up some of the best stuff.
Thats so smooth.

Great progression.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Head Room - 06/25/12 07:23 PM
Tommy,
I agree with the others. Great sound! Thanks for sharing.
SD
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 06/25/12 10:27 PM
Thanks Yall! I loves me some Biab-uh-fication! Thanks for Listening!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Head Room - 07/02/12 12:46 PM
I thought I had already commented on this song, but apparently not..

I bow to you Tommy! This is such a tastefully assembled backing to your magnificent harp honking. I don't know how you coax a marine band to find all of those notes, but man, you do it so well!

I agree with Rog... if I was putting together a blues band from the forum participants, you would certainly be on my list!

Thanks for sharing your talent and musical vision with us.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 07/05/12 04:09 PM
Well Thank You so much Pat, I'm afraid my breathing disorder severely limits my Harmonica playing these days. I have to get it one take or wait a day while I recover from coughing all the 47 years of smoking cigarettes out to try another take.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Head Room - 07/05/12 05:10 PM
Just got to the party... man you sure can wail!

Later,
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Head Room - 07/05/12 07:52 PM
Wonderful use of BIAB.

Good one. Laid back summer feel. I like.
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Head Room - 07/06/12 07:22 AM
Dude that is some tasty blowin'!!!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 07/06/12 11:56 PM
Thanks Guys for Listening, it wouldn't have been good without my Incredible Band!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Head Room - 07/07/12 12:02 AM
Hi Tommy,

I nearly missed this one. Wow! This is so-o-o-o-o-o good! There is nothing about this presentation that sounds BIAB/RB to me at all. As I sat here with my eyes closed just listening, it felt like I was in a club. I could see everything happening in front of me.

Seems like we all agree, you are one heck of a talented man

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 07/07/12 01:49 PM
Thank You so much Noel you are too kind!
Posted By: Paul bright Re: Head Room - 07/08/12 06:39 AM
I'm fan.. and you had me at hello!!!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 07/08/12 07:24 PM
Thanks Paul! I'm a fan of your songs too!
Posted By: msfrancis Re: Head Room - 07/12/12 05:19 PM
Tommy,

Great sound!! Really sounds professional and well produced. It keeps your interest by switching solo instruments in just the right places. A very impressive recording. This could definaely go on a Music Compilation CD.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 07/14/12 05:13 PM
Well Thank You so Much! I sure love to record using Biab, greatest software in the world!
Posted By: Buford Re: Head Room - 07/14/12 07:46 PM
@Tommy...I don't have a font big enough to write the "WOW!" I'm feeling after hearing you play. Extraordinary to say the least. Can't wait to hear more.

Bob
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 07/15/12 10:42 AM
Thanks Guys, I'm having a wonderful time playing music with the Greatest software ever made! Thanks really should go to PG though for making the Band play like that. It would have cost a small fortune to hire musicians of that caliber! Thanks Peter!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Head Room - 09/04/12 05:48 PM
I should have replied to Yall long ago, this must have been while(I think) I was in the hospital or moving. Thank You so much for listening!
© PG Music Forums