PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 06/17/12 11:49 PM
You guys know that I’m a Midi guy that on occasion will use RealTracks for my personal compositions; however I do use RealTracks when I do a lot of my clients’ music, mostly all covers. So I thought that I would do a song using RealTracks as backing tracks.

RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My is that song. I used all of the RTs in the “PianoMood1-reflective Soundtrac” style as well as the –1265 synthpad,PopShiningSoftEV,120 RT in the melody track. The female vocals, the choir, the first bass part and the first piano lead I played on my keyboard midi controller. The French horns are me on my wind controller and the guitar parts are also done by me. The first piano lead is based on a short rift in the piano track of the style.

This is a quick and dirty but let me know what you think as this does take a few “weird” twists and turns.
Posted By: rsdean Re: RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 06/18/12 12:09 AM
Hey Mario,

I like this! Kind of a jazzy feel, but with some new age nuances... Great guitar work!

Bob
Mario,

Very interesting & captivating piece... I like it, too.

Just listening on headphones, but I thought the piano could be a little more out front in the mix.

Sounds good!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 06/18/12 11:42 PM
Very COOL! Lots of Dynamics Mario, I like it!
Posted By: MarioD Re: RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 06/19/12 12:39 AM
Thanx guys for listening and the very nice comments.

Curt, I will listen with my headphones and see it I hear what you hear. I mix with near field monitors and they sounded ok to me, but I have been wrong many times before
Posted By: jford Re: RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 06/19/12 12:43 AM
Very cool, Mario. And I had it playing in Winamp with loop on. I didn't realize that I was on the third time through it until I looked at the time at it say 0:45; wait a minute, I've listened a whole lot longer than that. The timing of the end and the loop back to the beginning was perfect.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 06/22/12 07:31 PM
Really an unusual sound. I liked it too!
Posted By: Skyline Re: RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 06/23/12 05:05 PM
Very innovative Mario, as usual! Nicely put together, intriguing and very enjoyable.
Posted By: MarioD Re: RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 06/25/12 08:05 PM
Thanx John, SpaceDog and Skyline for taking the time to listen and the kind comments. I really wasn’t sure if this one would be liked or not as it is quite a bit different from the other listings here.

Thanx again.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 06/25/12 08:54 PM
Very different.
Good work Mariao
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: RealTracks and Midi and Guitars, Oh My - 07/02/12 12:51 PM
I listened to this before, and thought I had commented... apparently not.

This is a very nice composition. You manage to keep it interesting by changing up the instruments, and I especially like it when people actually play some of the song themselves instead of relying totally on software automation.

Two thumbs up.
© PG Music Forums