PG Music Home
Posted By: msfrancis I'm A Lucky Man - 06/28/12 01:47 PM
http://soundcloud.com/msfrancis

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a singer so please don't judge me to harshly on that point.

BIAB Instruments
902 Electric Bass
807 Electric Guitar
Nashville Crossover SW 16 Drums
625 Accoustic Guitar
878 Electric Guitar
689 Organ
875 Electric Organ

Mixed in Cubase LE
Audacity to edit out count in click & to fade ending
Ozone 4 & 5 effects

Thanks
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: I'm A Lucky Man - 07/02/12 12:37 PM
Hi MS!

I really liked the way you put this song together! You have a flair for using dynamics to good effect. And the chord progression spun off to a logical and pleasing variation. That's something I look for, but don't always hear on showcase tunes.

I'd say you also do a great job of picking styles that match the theme of your song. And the vocals sat well in the mix too. Your intros and outtros are well considered... that's a weak point for a lot of people.

You ask not to be judged on your singing... but when you post something you have no choice but to accept the responses you get. Sorry.

Actually, you have several very good qualities to your voice... you sing with confidence and enthusiasm, and you have a rich tonality that I would just LOVE to have. You also have a very cool natural vibrato thst doesn't sound contrived to me. The closest thing to a problem is something that is easily corrected: your intonation. Not a deal killer of course.. but the overall quality of your songs is so good that if you doctored your vocals just a bit, the total package would go through the roof IMO.

Check out Melodyne. It is capable of making exactly the kinds of touch-ups that will take your songs to the next level.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&t...0.0.39qe0tFg8_c

Keep up the good work... you should be very proud of the successes you've had so far. Keep building on them. I look forward to hearing more from you as time goes on
Posted By: msfrancis Re: I'm A Lucky Man - 07/12/12 03:09 PM
Thanks Pat. Those are very kind words. I will definately check out the link you offered.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: I'm A Lucky Man - 07/12/12 03:31 PM
Great Job of Mixing! Like the Lyrics too! Don't beat yourself up about singing, a lot of singers don't like their own voice! Mine will kill any cat in a hundred yards(backyards that is!))
© PG Music Forums