PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD I'm Blue Today - 07/01/12 01:24 AM
We just got back from our vacation/holiday yesterday and today I had the coming home blues. So I turned on my computer, generated some RealTrack BiaB backing tracks and just jammed away; first take on the lead part. The total time on this one is about one hour!

The guitar tone is my Kramer KnightRider through the free Amplitude 3 preset “Blue Sky”. The only change I made was to add the Diode Overdrive prior to the delay.

The BiaB style was _mondor-slow sw8 blues w/organ. I just took what Biab gave me and ran with it.

So here is I'm Blue Today warts and all. I hope you like it for what it is.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/01/12 03:03 AM
Ain't Amplitube a great companion to BIAB?

Certain parts of this reminded me of Crosby Stills Nash and Young but I can't recall which song.

Sounds like you had fun with it! One hour eh? That's got to be a record! (pun intended) It takes me longer than an hour to get my cords untangled

Posted By: F.M.M. Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/01/12 06:56 PM
hi marioD great chops good sound with ampletube never had good luck software pedals my self well done thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Tommyc Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/02/12 12:14 PM
Great Title Mario! I'm Blue Today Warts and All, you should write some lyrics along those lines! Nice job on the settings of Amplitude, I've never been very good at setting software pedals up. Hope you and your warts get to feeling better! lol
Posted By: JCJazz Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/02/12 12:56 PM
Really nice job on guitar Mario. You see stuff like this is motivating. On a side note did you go to jazzfest i was there to see Gov't Mule on sat. I also confirmed with vocalist about putting blues project together ,practice i fairport area. How close are you?
Posted By: MarioD Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/02/12 08:28 PM
Thanx all for listening and the kind comments.

JCJazz, no I did not make it to the JazzFest. We were up at the 1000 Islands celebrating our 45 wedding anniversary. Actually our anniversary was on 7/1 but we could only book the room for the last week in June.

I am about 45 miles from Fairport, however my playing days are over. I just play for me now! I just sold my big guitar amp and I use only my computer, a Behringer V-Amp Pro or a Roland MicroCube amp. The MicroCube I use for both recording and jamming with friends.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/04/12 11:10 PM
Hey Mario,

How impressive is this song! I sat listening with my eyes closed and it was so easy to imagine the whole group on stage. Your work always has a polished professionalism and this is no exception.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/06/12 07:44 PM
Thank you very much Noel.

Comments like this from a pro like yourself I greatly appreciate.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/06/12 09:21 PM
Hey Mario, guess what?

This is good.
Thanks for posting
Posted By: Sundance Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/08/12 06:27 AM
Great sound Mario.
Posted By: Paul bright Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/08/12 06:32 AM
Nice song, Mario
Posted By: MarioD Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/16/12 06:56 PM
Thanx Rob, Josie and Paul for taking the time to listen and comment.

I appreciate that very much.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/19/12 12:26 AM
Stone blues and a really great tone on the guitar. I'm saving this download. Thanks.
Posted By: greg64 Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/19/12 10:45 PM
Sweet as a nut mate! I immediately wanted to kick back and RELAX. Love it. Though I confess I had to grab a harmonica and join in :lol: Brilliant.
Posted By: MarioD Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/20/12 02:31 PM
Thanx Mootsman and greg64 for listening and the very kind comments.

Greg64 maybe sometime soon we can do a collaboration?
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/20/12 02:52 PM
Nice. As always.
Posted By: MarioD Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/22/12 01:25 AM
Thanx Mick!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: I'm Blue Today - 07/23/12 12:20 AM
Mario,

I have been out for a couple of months, but I sure am glad I didn't miss this one. Very nice!

Steve
Posted By: Phil Leith Re: I'm Blue Today - 04/23/18 12:15 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!
Posted By: rsdean Re: I'm Blue Today - 04/23/18 01:26 PM
Great Mario! Some very cools sounds here.

Bob
Posted By: kybordr Re: I'm Blue Today - 04/23/18 02:55 PM
Wow. There’s times when you start listening to a new song, and you know in the opening seconds that this is gonna an awesome. And it is. Great guitar work and I love the tone.

Super jealous that you can put something like this together in an hour. I did something yesterday for the Song A Week Challenge, that was “quick and dirty” at three hours, and I wasn’t gonna post it here...just not at this level. (But now maybe I will, by way of comparison and just for laughs.)
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: I'm Blue Today - 04/23/18 05:46 PM

Great production Mario and super guitar tone.
Great power.

Sergio
Posted By: David Snyder Re: I'm Blue Today - 04/25/18 01:17 PM
Mario is this from 2012 or a new one? It looks like you download an MP3. I see comments from 2012 and 2018. Did something go wonky or did I go wonky?

smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: I'm Blue Today - 04/26/18 08:28 PM
Loved this Mario. Nothing more fun than to jam to a blues track. Super chops and loved your tone. Bends were just sweet.....
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: I'm Blue Today - 04/27/18 10:21 PM
Hey Mario, I wanted to give this a listen because I like what you come up with. The only problem is, I'm not a fan of having to d/l the song. It's not that I don't trust you, it's anything that can happen in between.

So, I'm sure I would have like it though. lol. I'll keep watching for new posted songs from you.

I probably would have been safe just saying compliments as I'm fairly sure they would have fit. I'm just not that guy to do that.

Next time my friend smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: I'm Blue Today - 04/28/18 08:45 PM
Thanx all for listening to this old 2012 song: no David you are not bonkers.

Hear to learn I just put this up on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/mario_guitar/im-blue-today
© PG Music Forums