PG Music Home
Posted By: rhps new song "Bleed" - 07/06/12 01:28 AM
Hi, i have a new tune in the works. all band in the box music for now. i'll add my guitars later. it's experimental for me, using urban drum beats with classical piano. let me know if i'm way off the mark trying this. i'll be adding harmonies to the 2nd chorus too. gotta lil tweeks here and there, but i think i have main theme down. thanks in advance for checking it out. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11748995
Posted By: Skyline Re: new song "Bleed" - 07/06/12 11:00 AM
Good song, Robert. Lots of possibilities in there. The beats work fine, I just felt they needed more definition as well as the nylon guitar, some EQ and compression perhaps. I look forward to hearing some plaintive Gilmour-esk guitar work on this!
Your vocal as usual is spot on.

John
Posted By: MarioD Re: new song "Bleed" - 07/06/12 07:25 PM
GREAT start! I really like the beat, chord progression, piano and the lyrics. Personally I think you voice is very strong and powerful so it doesn’t not need the echos. IMHO I think they detract from the vocal.

This should be dynamite when you are finished!
Posted By: rhps Re: new song "Bleed" - 07/06/12 10:18 PM
thanx guys, i just got done fixing harmonies and such. the delay was experimental, i backed it off on this latest cut, i might have mixed the vocals too loud, my ears are tired, but next is add the guitar work. stay tuned !
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: new song "Bleed" - 07/07/12 02:59 PM
Quote:

Hi, i have a new tune in the works. all band in the box music for now. i'll add my guitars later. it's experimental for me, using urban drum beats with classical piano. let me know if i'm way off the mark trying this. i'll be adding harmonies to the 2nd chorus too. gotta lil tweeks here and there, but i think i have main theme down. thanks in advance for checking it out. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11748995

the combination of urban beat with classical piano works for me. Life is not easily segmented into niches the way music tends to be.

I like your songs... you seem to have a real feel for combining all the elements of a song into something that is enjoyable to hear. I have always enjoyed your playing on other songs, and I expect that when you add it to this one, I'll like the song even more.

Good job!
Posted By: rhps Re: new song "Bleed" - 07/08/12 05:16 AM
thank you very much pat ! i just added a guitar solo to it. i think that's all i'm going to as far as the guitar. the original guitar work clashes with the piano to much and i think this piece stands fine with out it. i added some strings to the mix following the bass. my ear is telling me to get them to follow the piano on the choruses to make it a little more dramatic. some experimentation is needed, i am new at working synths and midi. couple more weeks and it should be completed. one of these days i'm going to have to get the everything pak. BIAB is is a great way to burn up some hours.
Posted By: Sundance Re: new song "Bleed" - 07/08/12 06:11 AM
Very nice. Always enjoy your singing too.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: new song "Bleed" - 07/08/12 04:05 PM
hey rorbert great vocals nice guitar work it has great potential its a keeper thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: rhps Re: new song "Bleed" - 07/14/12 08:31 PM
well i think it's done. i have it set up for free download now if anyone would like a copy. i got a nice review on this song here : http://neufutur.com/?p=29669

and thanx sundance and f.m.m
© PG Music Forums