PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/19/12 08:45 PM
Yet another post expressing how awesome this software is.

I wrote lyrics over the last couple of days, went upstairs at 1pm, and by 4:15 I had the song done, dialed in well enough to start gathering opinions on it, and uploaded to Soundcloud.

This is a fun hillbilly shuffle tune that laughs about my AWFUL track record with girls, women, romance, dating, marriage..... especially marriage. Yet I seriously considered doing it one more time. Cooler head prevailed, and the "Three strikes and you're out" theory kicked in.

Here Goes Nuttin'
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/19/12 09:33 PM
Hey Eddie,

I totally enjoyed listening. The music and lyrics are outstanding (easily A+++ from me). In my opinion, you've written, arranged and mixed an excellent song.

For what it's worth, and this really is just an opinion, I got the impression that there was some effect on the final mix that seemed to rob the overall mix of a little bit of clarity. For the life of me, though, I have no idea what it was. But then again, it could easily have been my ears and the headphones I listened through!

There is certainly lot's of good songwriting in this one! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to hear it.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/19/12 09:35 PM
There is a SHADE of reverb, a very tiny bit, on the vocal track only and that's the only effects on the thing. I get into trouble when I try to EQ.....
Posted By: seeker Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/20/12 12:31 AM
Eddie,

Entertaining song, excellent lyrics, very nice vocals to match the genre.

Quite a story, and you put a touch of humor in the story you told.

Still on his third, but our son has walked down part of your road.

Enjoyed your creation.

Thanks for sharing, your music, and also part of your life.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/20/12 12:59 AM
Quote:

Thanks for sharing, your music, and also part of your life.

So, up to this point, just by listening to lyrics, you can all deduce that at some point I needed to, and did, quit drinking, and that I have been married 3 times, am thrice divorced, and if you listened to the first batch of tunes (The One That Got Away, I'm The One or You, Insignificant Other, Do It All Again....) you also know that the one I thought may be number 4 didn't agree....
Posted By: rsdean Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/20/12 01:04 PM
Eddie,

This is one of your best - good lyrics, vocal and overall feel.

Bob
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/20/12 01:26 PM
Really enjoyable tune...helps explain why nearly all the contributors here are male, with plenty of time to spend on writing music!!

Good lyrics, very good vocal, and listening gave me some creative ideas, so thanks for sharing!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/20/12 02:17 PM
This is TERRIFIC! The pedal steel and fiddle are perfect. Some great players ya got there...
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/20/12 02:36 PM
Nice fun song. Great use of BIAB.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/21/12 01:55 AM
Standing O, this was perfect. Thanks 4 sharing your God given talent!

My Music
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/30/12 06:12 PM
hi eddie realy good lyrics and mix and arrangement reaiy enjoyed keep them comming thanks eric
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Here Goes Nuttin' - 08/31/12 03:47 AM
Now that's a country song!

Very enjoyable listen and oh yes, good luck with this one, and I don't mean the song.

Later,
© PG Music Forums