PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/25/12 12:24 AM
So... here's a second effort. Most of this is BIAB - about 20 different RealTracks. With an acoustic guitar and electric guitar track added. Harmonies, again, by the BIABettes...

Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be

Comments/suggestions welcomed......

Have at it.

Floyd
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/25/12 12:59 AM
Hi,

From beat 1 it was outstandingly obvious that you're a professional in this genre. What a great song, great arrangement and brilliant sound! Very impressive.

You've certainly raised the bar for what is possible with BIAB!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/25/12 01:25 AM
I agree with Noel!

Super song, great vox, outstanding lyrics and backing tracks.

You are a pro!
Posted By: seeker Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/25/12 02:16 AM
Great Music,
Great Lyrics with nice story.

Great production number.

Thanks for your hard work and sharing.
Noel, Mario, Frank -
Really appreciate the very kind words. BIAB is truly an incredible, wonderful "thing". Having WAY TOO MUCH FUN with it. SO much credit belongs to PGMusic....
Oops... gotta go... the band is waiting....
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/25/12 08:50 PM
Like it a lot! Good story, what I call "turnaround" style with the hook both starting and ending the chorus. Nice lines, story flows.

Is that BIAB or RB?
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/25/12 09:43 PM
Excellent job on the BIAB stuff -- nice mixing and production, too! I enjoyed the whole thing. Dang, I tried to find something to complain about (ha, ha) -- couldn't!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/26/12 01:35 AM
There's a lot to like here and I especially like how you hold out "looonnnngggg" - nice touch.

Good song, mix, arrangement. It's all been said.

And you've really got those BIABettes working for ya - some people have had a little trouble getting them to sound that good as they can be an ornery bunch..LOL!

Well done Floyd.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/26/12 02:31 AM
Sho-nuff Country, excellent rightin, you got the voice for it too! I'm in love with the Biabettes two! If this is only yer 2nd try, you-er way ahead of the game!
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/27/12 03:54 AM
My PC won't play it for some reason. Sorry.
Very nice production work. The lyrics are excellent, they cry ballad to me. If I could suggest, try slowing the song down and making it more of a tender ballad. Your vocal and mastering process was flawless. Ballad or not it is still great work! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Skyline Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/28/12 09:20 AM
My PC won't play it either. I get a popup saying 'Install Quicktime' but I've already got Quicktime installed?? Is there another link I can use?
Thanks.

John
John/jpt3 - I added a "click here" link to the right of the slider. See if that will work for you.
eddie - the tracks are, of course, BIAB. I do my mixing in Acid Pro.

Kevin - appreciate the listen. I guess in this case, I'm glad to "disappoint ya".

Josie, Tommy, PgF - thanks for the encouragement... as for the BAIBettes, I find "them" quite easy to deal with. Much simpler than using my old Studio Vocalist.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/29/12 02:08 PM
Got it! (The link on right worked.)

Outstanding hook line. Very catchy.

Nice use of BIAB.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/29/12 03:58 PM
That's an excellent song Floyd. Smart lyrics, pro arrangement and mix. A pleasure to listen to.

John
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Forever's Not As Long As It Used To Be - 08/30/12 05:59 PM
hi floyd wow i love it great arrangement mix vocals well done thanks for sharing eric
Great song, with a real good story and repeated hook...i liked the arrangement and your voice is great also.
© PG Music Forums