PG Music Home
Posted By: BruceI Dedicated & Sincere (early BIAB recording) - 09/14/12 02:37 PM
I posted a new (but old) song "Drambuie" which I did this week in BIAB 2011 with RealTracks. This reminded me that there was one song on my first album that was almost all BIAB, before I had any RealTracks (did RT exist in 2002?). In that case I imported the MIDI tracks to Cakewalk Home Studio and applied (Roland?) synth voices to them. Then I played the electric guitar part (this was before I found my producer Roger Lavallee who can REALLY play electric guitar) and did the vocal. I still like the track, but it doesn't sound as real is recent stuff I get routinely from BIAB. This 2002 project was one of the first things I did with BIAB. I forget the style, maybe something related Curtis Mayfield, somewhat R&B.

http://soundcloud.com/flyingsinger/dedicated-and-sincere

Both of my albums and a few in-work songs from my new album are available to stream on SoundCloud, http://soundcloud.com/flyingsinger.

-Bruce
For reference, the style used on this song (75 bpm) was CURTISM.STY, "Curtis M slow blues."
hi brucel cool song you have a great voice thanks for sharing eric
I really like the vocals and the backing tracks, extremely well done!

To nit-pick I did not care for the guitar’s tonal quality. IMHO the identical lines sans any distortion/fuzz effects would sound much better. However this is just me and other may disagree.

Good song!
Thanks for the listen and feedback. Mario, I agree on the guitar sound. If I were to revisit this 10 year old track now, I would choose a cleaner guitar sound (and probably have my producer friend Roger play it since he's 1000x the lead player I am). This was probably my first full BIAB and Cakewalk Home Studio song back in 2002 when I first discovered these amazing tools. Now I am up to Sonar X1 and actually have some clue on how to use it (also much thanks to Roger, even though he's a ProTools guy on his Mac, he sits down in front of my PC and figures out stuff in Sonar X1 that I never imagined).

Thanks,
Bruce
Quote:

I really like the vocals and the backing tracks, extremely well done!

Totally agree! Your singing fits this song like a hand in a glove. Also, it's a very well written song both lyrically and musically. Musical competence radiates on all levels.

Regards,
Noel
Nice us of BIAB. I like those lead guitar licks. Good song.
© PG Music Forums