PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Latin Funk-Re-done ending - 09/22/12 12:03 AM
Ok, thanks to all for listening, almost by popular demand, I changed the ending somewhat. Added the sax back at the last "B" section of the last chorus. Not sure that the "hanging" feeling that most people get is gone but, I think it is a little better, although I think I know where the problem is, but if anything, I'll work some more on it at a later date.
Again thanks for listening.
http://soundcloud.com/cubanpete/lets-go-to-town
Posted By: rharv Re: Latin Funk-Re-done ending - 09/22/12 11:48 AM
The Realtracks are all in time, I think the 'hanging' is from the other horns being behind the beat a bit. Just my guess. You added these manually right?

Nice job on the tune overall.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Latin Funk-Re-done ending - 09/22/12 07:42 PM
Hi, rharv, thanks for listening, what I meat by "hanging" is that people do not expect the ending right where it happens, which I tend to agree also, I would try to re-work it later, I'm working on something else right now. As far as the horns goes, no, they are part of the style. I think that if there is any behind sound at least at the begging is in the combination of the two drums styles that I put in the song. Right at the end of the first chorus the effect goes away, IMO anyway.
Later
© PG Music Forums