PG Music Home
Posted By: Bruce B Addicted To You (Rock song) - 09/26/12 09:10 AM
http://snd.sc/VGHoSw
This is one of few songs that I wrote the lyrics first. I'm convinced that Fleetwood Mac (whom I love) wrote many of their songs like that, it definately changes the way that the song comes out. I wrote the lyric years ago and found it in the drawer that I keep all my music and lyrics in, decided I liked it and wrote a tune. BIAB is a life saver, as there's no way I could make a better drum track in midi, and the bass was close enough to what I'd concieved that it wasn't worth re-doing. There wasn't supposed to be a guitar solo, but I tried one on a whim, and think it enhances the song.
I used BIAB for the drums and bass, but replaced the guitars myself. 388 Bass:Electric, Metal, Ev 120 and NashvilleEven8^6_HiHatO. Everything was done in Sonar. I used V-vocal to bring the vocal a bit tighter in pitch, and then added the original vocal to get a doubling effect.

As always , comments are welcome.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Addicted To You (Rock song) - 09/26/12 12:42 PM
Bruce - I like this. Almost a Badfinger feel to this. The guitar solo really works.
This is your best mix yet. Getting the vocals where they need to be. IMO, the rythym (distorted) guitar is up a bit too much (I hear it on the left). Back that off a bit and I think everything else will be right where it needs to be. Nice job.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Addicted To You (Rock song) - 09/26/12 08:08 PM
Bruce, the Soundcloud link is broken.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Addicted To You (Rock song) - 09/27/12 02:33 AM
Tried to listen....get error page.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Addicted To You (Rock song) - 09/29/12 04:47 PM
hey bruce well done everything sounds good here nice guitar chops enjoyed thanks eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: Addicted To You (Rock song) - 09/30/12 01:02 AM
Bruce, very nice song. Strong vocals (I just learned a new way to use V-Vocal) and some very impressive chops. The distorted guitar did not bother me, but then again that is just my opinion.

The song ends very abruptly. It doesn’t sound like that was intentional so you may want to check that out.
© PG Music Forums