PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/26/12 06:56 PM
A little more of a "pop ballad" this time.

My Heart's In Your Hands

Here are the RealTracks:
RealTracks in song: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1676:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1277:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopUpliftA-B Ev16 120
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleBrushesCountryPopEv16: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes

I added an acoustic guitar, vocal and harmony.

Hope you enjoy it, but comments to the contrary are fine...
Posted By: seeker Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/27/12 01:21 AM
Floyd,

I certainly hope your life is happier than some of your music.

Another great song from you.

The story in the lyrics, your vocals, the mix.
Your voices have some amount accentuating power at crucial times.
The change in the drums, the cello certainly add to the song.

Don't drink anymore, but after "couple of beers there would be tears". (good song lyric)

I like the Acoustic guitar/s in the mix.

Thanks for sharing Again!
Posted By: Sundance Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/27/12 02:07 AM
Beautiful song Floyd. Made me want to hear it again.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/27/12 05:31 AM
Hi Floyd,

Like all your other work that I've listened to, this shines. The way you've built the arrangement felt perfect and adding the cello was a touch of inspiration. The chord progression you've chosen also complements the emotional nature of these lyrics really, really well. Once again, I'm very impressed.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/28/12 08:57 AM
Floyd

A good pop song. It's a really good mix you have made, your vocal sits really well in the mix. Can you reveal how you record your vocals? Maybe the secret is simply that you sing well and clean However, bass and drums a little vague, but it is probably because I listened to your song on my laptop speakers.
Posted By: DrDan Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/28/12 11:04 AM
Billy Joel put it best, "..man what are you doing here?"

I have heard a couple of your tunes over the past weeks and, now don't take this wrong, and I also don't intend to put down any of the other talent who put their songs on this page, but... I think you are a ringer. Your sound is way too pro to be buried here in our little forum home. Tell us true, you do make a living in music with that voice, right?
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/28/12 03:29 PM
Man, you are producing some nice songs. Any one of these could worm their way into the Nashville song stream and get picked up by a major artist. Good luck.

Great production. Great use of BIAB.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/28/12 07:38 PM
Frank - thanks for the listen and the comments. I make this stuff up, you know..

Josie - appreciate it. Don't know which I like better "beautiful song" or "made me want to hear it again"?

Noel - have I mentioned... you do say the nicest things.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/29/12 08:39 AM
Jan - I think there are others on this forum who get much cleaner vocal recordings than I do - check out Noel96, mootsman, Steve Young to name just a few - I always wonder what is their secret? I'd be happy to give a quick rundown of how I do mine, but I'd like others to "chime in" with their setups/methods so we all might learn something.

So I plan to post in the "Tips and Tricks" section - look for something like "Recording Vocals" in the next few days...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/29/12 09:04 AM
jpt3 - Thanks. You never know... BIAB certainly improves the "presentation".

jazzmandan - I'll take that as a compliment (a big one actually). The last time I can recall getting paid for music/singing was about 1979 doing solo acoustic sets. If by "pro sound" you mean the overall sound, most of that credit goes to PGMusic and BIAB. If you were referring somehow to "that voice", heck, that's just pure luck. I guess I can sing a bit. You're pretty much born with (or without) that. It's not like I had to learn anything or practice at all. Good musicians (I don't consider myself one) on the other hand spend years learning and practicing and then watch the singer (who just had to show up) get all the attention.
Posted By: DrDan Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/29/12 12:48 PM
Quote:

I'll take that as a compliment

As I intended it

Quote:

..You're pretty much born with (or without) that. It's not like I had to learn anything or practice at all.

FJ you are killin me, only God knows what I would have done in my life for the gift you were born with, and me without. And just for the record, I can sing "a bit", you can sing "a lot". But I am glad to see you are using your gift as I greatly enjoyed listening. Keep em comin.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/29/12 01:33 PM
I just visited the web page and I am quite confused by your saying you haven't made money since 1979. The web page has pictures of what appears to be an 8 piece working band with professional gear and a healthy catalog.

Could you clarify? You are obviously not a struggling novice here....
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/29/12 02:05 PM
eddie,

The band is fake. The pictures - my nieces and my son's friend. The "drummer" is a kid I play golf with - I handed him my headphones and a drum stick (I could only find one) and took his picture. The pic of "fingers" playing guitar is Kevin's head "photoshopped" on my "guitar-playing body", etc. etc.

The CD is (of course) all song that I wrote. I played most everything myself except drums which were pieced together from a drum CD (that was before having BIAB - I hardly play anything now). The exceptions - The tracks to Pawnshop were done in a Nashville studio when my co-writer on that one did a CD and he allowed me to use the tracks (the Tennessee Fat Cats played on it - the pedal steel is Cowboy Eddie Long who used to tour with Hank, Jr.) The piano on "Up To No Good" is a guy who played for the Oak Ridge Boys band - a friend of a friend, don't recall his name - he came to my house and did that for me.

I've sold enough downloads to JUST cover the cost of putting it "out there" - as is often the case, to family and friends.

I'm an old fart. Not a pretty one, at that. Who wants to see that????
Posted By: DrDan Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/29/12 04:40 PM
What a hoot - I love it . You are not the first one to put a pretty girl on the cover to sell a product. On top of that you really had us all going... and it is BIAB after all. Heck. you should get a award for using the media to your advantage. But tell me this or fully distroy the illusion - that is you singing, right?

Music Truly is the GRAND ILLUSION
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/29/12 04:51 PM
hi floyd and jane awesome song great work everything pro sound for sure thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/29/12 04:53 PM
And I was getting ready to call you for a booking.... JUST to meet "Pickles".....

I put my picture up in spite of myself. The running joke in our band was that we'd have a raffle and the winner got to spend the night with me. 2nd place was a whole weekend....
Posted By: Danny C. Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/29/12 09:27 PM
Absolutely wonderful . . . a great listen.

Later,
Posted By: MarioD Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/30/12 12:48 AM
It's all been said.

You are a pro!

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 09/30/12 09:55 AM
Mario, Danny, - thanks for the listen, guys.
FMM - appreciate it (btw, "floyd jane" is one person)
jazzmandan - yes, it is me singing.
eddie - i'll send pickles the picture - see if she wants in that raffle
Posted By: boehm Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 10/02/12 05:02 PM
Antwort auf:

Floyd,

The story in the lyrics, your vocals, the mix.
Your voices have some amount accentuating power at crucial times.
The change in the drums, the cello certainly add to the song.
I like the Acoustic guitar/s in the mix.

Everything is said. Great song.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 10/02/12 06:55 PM
Fine project all the way around! What vocal mic are you using?
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 10/02/12 09:55 PM
Mootsman - An Audio Technica 4033a. But I don't know why you're asking... you're vocals are SO well recorded (If you look back, you will see that I reference you as someone that I think has well recorded vocels). If fact, you should join the thread in the Tips section called "Recording Vocals" and fill us in on your methods!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: My Heart's In Your Hands - 10/03/12 12:51 AM
Floyd,

As has been stated, outstanding work here! Great job on the song, the vocals, everything. Thanks for sharing this.

Steve
© PG Music Forums