PG Music Home
Posted By: Bruce B Addicted To You (New link) - 09/27/12 08:54 PM
http://soundcloud.com/bruce-boome/addicted-to-you

Sorry, I remixed then reposted into soundcloud, forgetting that I'd now broken the previous link.

This is one of few songs that I wrote the lyrics first. I'm convinced that Fleetwood Mac (whom I love) wrote many of their songs like that, it definately changes the way that the song comes out. I wrote the lyric years ago and found it in the drawer that I keep all my music and lyrics in, decided I liked it and wrote a tune. BIAB is a life saver, as there's no way I could make a better drum track in midi, and the bass was close enough to what I'd concieved that it wasn't worth re-doing. There wasn't supposed to be a guitar solo, but I tried one on a whim, and think it enhances the song.
I used BIAB for the drums and bass, but replaced the guitars myself. 388 Bass:Electric, Metal, Ev 120 and NashvilleEven8^6_HiHatO. Everything was done in Sonar. I used V-vocal to bring the vocal a bit tighter in pitch, and then added the original vocal to get a doubling effect.

As always , comments are welcome.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Addicted To You (New link) - 09/28/12 03:32 PM
Good song. I love the fuzz guitar. Great use of BIAB. It is a life saver. I'd be reduced to some crude acoustic guitar numbers without it. As it stands, I am elevated to some pretty well produced crude numbers.
© PG Music Forums