PG Music Home
Posted By: boehm second one - 10/02/12 12:58 PM
This is my second contribution.
Most of you won't understand the lyrics: it's just about lazing on a hot summer day.

RealDrums-BossaRockFull^1-HiHat,Ride
RealDrums-SalsaMambo^7-Bongos
RT466:Bass,Ak,Rhy,Bossa Ev140B
RT476:Sax,Alto,Solo,Bossa
RT706:Git.El.Solo,Bossa Ev 140 (just one bar each)
Other instruments Garriton sounds
The vocals were harmonized with TCHelicon (4 up 4 down)

Just easy listening. Enjoy.

http://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/38-grad

Guenter
Posted By: boehm Re: second one - 10/02/12 01:06 PM
Sorry, I forgot the link (I'm a newbie):

http://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/38-grad
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: second one - 10/04/12 12:11 AM
Very nice! Thanks for uploading
Posted By: BruceI Re: second one - 10/06/12 02:40 PM
The track has a nice feel, and there are some nice instrumental parts. I'm not bothered by German lyrics, but the effects on the vocal are distracting, like something you might hear on a metal or hard rock song of a certain style. Perhaps you were deliberately going for the irony of a breezy, jazzy, instrumental with Satan on lead vocals. That's a joke. I don't actually know what kind of a singer Satan might be. Maybe a smooth crooner?

Nothing wrong with mashing up different styles and genres as you did so well on your first track posted here. I just found this one not as pleasant to listen to. Perhaps if that effect were used for part of the vocal as a coloration it might work. But it was too much for me.

Thanks,
Bruce
Posted By: boehm Re: second one - 10/07/12 02:24 PM
Hi Bruce,

thanks for your comments.
As you should know I like experimenting and so I tried TCHelicon. So it's fine for me. The effect may be distracting, but I am sure Satan would have chosen a different tune.

Guenter
Posted By: BruceI Re: second one - 10/07/12 02:54 PM
Hi Guenter,

I must apologize for that remark, even though it was intended as a joke. You clearly have a lot of talent and creative ideas, and I don't want to discourage any of that. I have certainly written and recorded many things that didn't work for anyone (even myself when I listened later). But I also think it's important to be able to say when something doesn't work for me, and that's all I was trying to say here.

Thanks,
Bruce
© PG Music Forums