RT1442_Sax,Alto,Sol,JzFnkGrv 110Blz
RT495_Trompete,JzzBalladeSw85Blues

http://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/air

Guenter
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Air - 10/11/12 03:44 AM
Very nice. Great sound. Good job.

Steve
Posted By: Skyline Re: Air - 10/11/12 09:07 AM
A very enjoyable listen Guenter, and a great new take on using BIAB RealTracks. Very nicely mixed too, especially the use of reverb to foreground/background instruments in the soundstage.

John
Posted By: boehm Re: Air - 10/12/12 12:38 AM
Thanks for your nice comments.

Guenter
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Air - 10/12/12 06:08 AM
Hi boehm,

Bach's two melodies often referred to as "Air on a G String" and "Sheep May Safely Graze" are, in my opinion, two of the best melodies ever written. They are beautiful. I like what you've done with "Air on a G String". I've never heard it presented in this manner before. It was very inventive!

Enjoyed it!
Noel
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Air - 10/12/12 04:32 PM
Guenter,
Loved it. Sehr Gut! I study both classical and jazz piano in hopes of bringing new skills and sounds to my music. You just nailed it! Thanks for sharing.

SD
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Air - 10/12/12 04:54 PM
hi air really nice peace arrangement well done thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: seeker Re: Air - 10/12/12 06:17 PM
Great arrangement and Mixing job.
I particularly like the Realdrums/bass in your music.

Thanks for sharing your work with us.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Air - 10/12/12 06:33 PM
Enjoyable listening. You got a heck of a lot out of a minimal number of tracks. Great job.
Posted By: BruceI Re: Air - 10/13/12 01:56 AM
You found yourself an excellent co-writer in this JSB dude!

This is another great-sounding mashup of classical and jazz sounds, with excellent use of BIAB RealTracks. Those parts sound like they were written and played for this piece and not selected from a construction kit (albeit a very clever and well-played construction kit as BIAB with RT is). In this case, the result is a very natural sounding and enjoyable piece of music.

Air on a G String always reminds me of space - one of my other hobbies (now mostly dormant) is playing around with a free but very accurate space flight simulator called "Orbiter." The default music for the Orbiter Sound add-on is a version of Air on a G String, which is great music for docking with the space station (Strauss waltzes are also nice).

Thanks for sharing,
Bruce
Posted By: boehm Re: Air - 10/13/12 01:14 PM
Thanks for listening and your approval.
@FrankB: I played the bass corresponding with the Realdrums and considering the fills. Nice that you mention it.

Guenter
Posted By: MarioD Re: Air - 10/13/12 03:04 PM
Quote:

Enjoyable listening. You got a heck of a lot out of a minimal number of tracks. Great job.

A BIG +1

This is really good1 Very nice arrangement and soundscape.
© PG Music Forums