PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. long road ahead blues - 10/12/12 04:51 PM
hi guys working on this feed back welcome thanks eric http://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/long-road-ahead all real tracks except guitar solo RealTracks in song: 386:Bass, Electric, Blues Chuck Sw 102
RealTracks in song: 1591:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 1584:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffleBrent Sw 130
RealTracks in style: ~~675:Organ, B3, Background Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in song: ~1056:Sax, Alto, Soloist SmoothJazzCool Sw16 100
RealDrums in style: BluesShuffle^6-a:Brushes, HiHat , b:Snare, Hihat Open
Posted By: floyd jane Re: long road ahead blues - 10/12/12 06:32 PM
fmm - your guitar playing in impeccable, as always - great feel. I thought that the sax was a little too jazzy and not blues-y enough. You guitar is a perfect blend of blues-y/jazzy. And everything else fit so well...
Posted By: BruceI Re: long road ahead blues - 10/13/12 02:09 AM
Cool song. I agree with the previous comment that the guitar playing is great and fits well with the rhythm tracks, but that the sax is not quite the right sound and feeling. More smooth jazz than blues/rock.

I'm conflicted on this same issue in a song I have posted - the sax playing itself is great, sounds really good on its own, and even works well with the changes, but as my producer pointed out for my song, most of the BIAB/RT sax solos sound more like a late-night TV band (jazz/rock maybe) than a rock band. They are great for many songs but not all. I wish there were something more Clarence Clemons or Bobby Keys in the RT sax department! Is there a place to make RT requests?

Thanks,
Bruce
Posted By: boehm Re: long road ahead blues - 10/13/12 01:46 PM
Great sound and feeling.
I would work a bit on the ending. RT endings are sometimes not the way we want them to be. I experiment a lot with holds and stops on the last chord until I finally get what I want.
Posted By: MarioD Re: long road ahead blues - 10/13/12 02:53 PM
I agree with all that’s been said. You play a mean axe! The sax doesn’t quite fit; maybe a blues harp would be better? For a jam the ending is fine but for a polished song it must be worked on.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: long road ahead blues - 10/13/12 05:33 PM
hi guys thanks for the feed back yeah the sax needs work didnt think about the harp i will give it a try thanks again guys for takeing the time to listen eric
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: long road ahead blues - 10/13/12 07:26 PM
It rocks!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: long road ahead blues - 10/15/12 03:26 AM
I would rather hear you play all the way through on any song you make, cause I like your guitar picking and tone Eric!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: long road ahead blues - 10/16/12 05:55 PM
Nice guitar! Regarding the sax I've worked some with the rock tenor sax realtrack and with the "bluesy" option turned on it might be worth exploring. It's in set 32.
Posted By: jford Re: long road ahead blues - 10/18/12 03:44 AM
I would lose the sax and keep playing the guitar on this cool sounding song. Also, need to trim the long silence ending.
© PG Music Forums