PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Smooth Talk - 10/26/12 03:42 PM
Sexy tune for intimate moments, from one of my latest albums "Back to the roots".
http://soundcloud.com/cubanpete/smooth-talk
Posted By: boehm Re: Smooth Talk - 10/27/12 03:19 PM
I didn't want to be the first, but now I am. I wonder why nobody has replied yet, because I think, this is an excellent BIAB work. It's really a sexy sound.
Only one thing disturbs me a little: the tempo changes of the drums. Whenever I feel in the mood of one tempo it changes and I must arrange with a new one. I'd prefer the slow (halftime) tempo, but that's just a matter of taste.

Guenter
Posted By: gibson Re: Smooth Talk - 10/27/12 03:45 PM
Great tune but the tempo changes also distract me. The drums suit the piano solo, 2'10"ish, tho'!

Alyn
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Smooth Talk - 10/27/12 07:12 PM
Thanks for the comments and the time to listen, BTW, nothing wrong on being the first one to comment, somebody has to. Regarding the style it is: _BAL2AB1.STY (JazzBal Doub-Time-B(in2) (60 RS)), which has double time on the B section and the middle chorus, although like you said Guenter, it is a matter of taste, it is not uncommon this type of transition specially on slow ballads where conga drums is also introduced in those parts. Thanks again.

Later
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Smooth Talk - 10/28/12 07:06 PM
hi cubanpete nice very classey great job everything well done thanks eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: Smooth Talk - 10/29/12 12:40 AM
LOVED IT

Lounge music at its best

Back in the days when we were not playing we used to seek out places that played this style.

It will always be a favorite genre of music for me.

Two thumbs up!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Smooth Talk - 10/29/12 07:33 PM
Quote:

LOVED IT

Lounge music at its best

Back in the days when we were not playing we used to seek out places that played this style.

Thanks Mario, I did too, don't forget covering the remote record playing light in the booth with a handkerchief
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Smooth Talk - 10/30/12 02:33 PM
Very nice. Enjoyed the whole thing.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Smooth Talk - 10/30/12 06:18 PM
CubanPete,
Very cool sound. I like the tempo and mood swings. What about the piano solo: BIAB or human? I wish I could play like that!
SD
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Smooth Talk - 10/31/12 12:14 AM
Quote:

CubanPete,
What about the piano solo: BIAB or human? I wish I could play like that!
SD

Me too! No, the piano solo is also a real track.
Thanks for listening.
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Smooth Talk - 01/11/13 06:24 PM
Quote:

Great tune but the tempo changes also distract me.

I'll chime in....

I do like the vibe/feel of this tune and it's well put together.
It captures an older era of music pretty well.

Although, I agree that the tempo changes are 'distracting' and change the mood too drastically..

That does not diminish the enjoyable, easy listening quality of the tune as a whole.

Keep up the good work Cubanpete.

Carry on....
Posted By: MikeK Re: Smooth Talk - 01/11/13 08:34 PM
Hey Pete, this is smooth indeed. Very well put together arrangement. I, for one, LOVE the tempo changes. That's just how the greats would mix it up while still staying smooth.

Awesome tune, Sir!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: austin51 Re: Smooth Talk - 01/12/13 12:29 AM

Very nice, even relaxing - in a sexy way. The tempo changes keep things interesting.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Smooth Talk - 01/13/13 04:29 AM
Wow! Thanks guys! It's amazing how this post came back to life after so long. Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Smooth Talk - 01/14/13 12:28 AM
Loved it tempo changes and all. In fact the tempo/mood changes reminded me of a girl I use to know long long ago.

Later,
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Smooth Talk - 01/14/13 02:58 PM
I like the change-ups. Distracting -- or attention getting? They might be the two sides of the same coin. It just depends how you look at it. Cool tune and nice playing all around.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Smooth Talk - 01/17/13 03:33 PM
This is your best yet for me Pete, you get better all the time!
Posted By: Rafa T Re: Smooth Talk - 01/18/13 01:20 AM
Beautiful song, very good work with the realtracks. I really enjoy the vibe of this music...
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Smooth Talk - 01/18/13 05:00 PM
Quote:

This is your best yet for me Pete, you get better all the time!

Thanks Tommy, like they say "practice makes better"
© PG Music Forums