PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud New Pretty Polly & Dear Mama videos - 11/02/12 11:03 PM
Hi folks,

We've taken a break from writing/recording new songs what with wearing ourselves out lately mountain biking and hiking in the cooler weather. But we have taken the time to completely remix a couple songs and create new versions of their videos. They aren't dramatically different from the previous versions we posted but perhaps you might want to check them out. For the audio I changed the EG/Compression on Janice's vocal, changed some fills and brought the bass up a bit on both of them - they remain all Realtracks other than Janice's vocals. Regarding the video I added some "Ken Burns" effects and changed/added new graphics.

The reggae-billy tune:
PRETTY POLLY

The Civil War tune:
DEAR MAMA
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Pretty Polly & Dear Mama videos - 11/03/12 01:21 AM
Hi Bud,

Great songs showcased with great videos. A first class effort. "Dear Mama" is an incredibly powerful song with this video backing.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: MikeK Re: New Pretty Polly & Dear Mama videos - 11/03/12 05:10 PM
Dear Mama just about brought tears to my eyes. What a great tune along with that video. Very powerful. Love the vocals. Just superb work here!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: seeker Re: New Pretty Polly & Dear Mama videos - 11/03/12 06:37 PM
Bud,

As mentioned above powerful music with video.
From my chair, some amount of feelings from the heart take
place in music like this.
Janice did a great job as always.

As many of you, some of my ancestors were in that terrible war.

Thank you to you both for hard work, and sharing your music/video's.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Pretty Polly & Dear Mama videos - 11/03/12 11:04 PM
Bud - these are truly wonderful. the "understated" productions are SO nice. DEAR MAMA is especially nice. Janice sounds magnificient. Great.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: New Pretty Polly & Dear Mama videos - 11/04/12 04:23 PM
hi guys very creative this is conbineing styles together nicely they fit well great job love it the vocals are excellent very powerful and heart felt thanks guys eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Pretty Polly & Dear Mama videos - 11/04/12 10:54 PM
Quote:

Dear Mama just about brought tears to my eyes. What a great tune along with that video. Very powerful. Love the vocals. Just superb work here!

Cheers,
Mike

A BIG +1

Your mixes where top shelf all the way!

Two thumbs up!
Posted By: gibson Re: New Pretty Polly & Dear Mama videos - 11/05/12 07:19 AM
Both are enjoyable but I really, really like Dear Mama.
Janice's voice is perfect.

well done

Alyn
© PG Music Forums