PG Music Home
Posted By: Somar Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/14/12 11:45 AM
Check out this song I wrote to my youngest son on his 2nd birthday. Let me know what you think of it!

http://soundcloud.com/user5604784/little-man

Cheers!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/14/12 11:59 AM
Somar - very nice all the way around. well-written lyric and a great melody. wonderful sentiment. nice choose of tracks - interesting and tasteful. and a well done mix. what's not to like...

I really liked it. Great job. (And welcome to the forum!)
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/14/12 01:45 PM
Nice job on this tune. Good topic and well arranged and produced. Might have a touch too much reverb here and there (early fiddle?) for that more contemporary country sound -- but it is a pretty minor point. Nice change into the chorus/bridge. Pretty good singing, too. Excellent mixing of BIAB sounds. This is a good a song as I've heard around these parts.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/14/12 02:30 PM
Very well done. And when it's close to the heart it is even better.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/14/12 02:59 PM
First class song and production. Well done!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/14/12 04:15 PM
Very well done! Like the change up around 4:01. Thanks for sharing!

My Music
Posted By: boehm Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/14/12 04:17 PM
A really groovy track. Are the handclaps from RealTracks?
I especially like the backing vocals.
Good voice.
Thumbs up.

Guenter
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/14/12 11:07 PM
Very nice song, good vocals & mix too! Also like the variation you did at 4:00.
Nice job!

Greg
Posted By: pariahdise Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/15/12 12:11 AM
Fun to listen to. I did notice a change in the tone of your singing at the end which I am not sure helped the song finish up uniformly, perhaps this was intentional. In any event, it's a very good song.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/15/12 01:55 AM
Quote:

Nice job on this tune. Good topic and well arranged and produced. Might have a touch too much reverb here and there (early fiddle?) for that more contemporary country sound -- but it is a pretty minor point. Nice change into the chorus/bridge. Pretty good singing, too. Excellent mixing of BIAB sounds. This is a good a song as I've heard around these parts.

My thoughts also . . . but very nice overall. I love the lyric but I love any lyric that comes from the heart.

Later,
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/16/12 10:31 AM
Hi somar,

I really enjoyed listening to this. It's very engaging in every way - music, words, performance, production. What a wonderful lifetime gift to give you son.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/17/12 07:12 PM
Yep, it's all said, but also wonder about the hand clap (I don't think is a RT) but it lends a little "(River Dance" type of groove to it.
Later
Posted By: MarioD Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/18/12 12:07 AM
It’s all been said, super heart felt song with super lyrics and backing tracks. Your vocals ain’t too shabby either, great job on that!

I really like this!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/21/12 06:22 PM
Somar,
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your music.
I sure liked the song. I especially liked your vocals (both lead and backing tracks). I think the hand clapping was a very nice touch.
We hope to hear lots more from you!
SD
Posted By: Sundance Re: Track fully produced using BIAB - 11/29/12 02:47 AM
Somar,

I almost missed this and I'm so glad I didn't.

You've got the gift. This is top shelf. What a great contemporary sound. Personally I wasn't crazy about the switch in the vocal and switching into the long ending tag of "baby you've got to help yourself". I think it would've been more powerful to stay with your hook - jmho. But what a great song and production. And I love your voice.

Two big thumbs up here. One of the best songs I've heard on this forum.
© PG Music Forums