PG Music Home
Posted By: boehm Only for the young and young at heart - 11/24/12 01:58 PM
This time I've dared a genre which is usually used by younger people.
I've done it my way.

http://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/trance

There's only one RealTrack:

RT1170:Gtr,El,Sol,RkMedEv120Bls

I hope you enjoy.

Guenter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/24/12 02:50 PM
boehm - infectious. great dance track. took me quite a while to understand what the female vocal was "saying", since it is mixed fairly low. the rest of the mix is spot on.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/24/12 03:03 PM
Great Job! Where did all the tracks come from?
Posted By: boehm Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/24/12 03:06 PM
Thanks for your comments.

Antwort auf:

Where did all the tracks come from?

They are handmade (keyboard).

Guenter
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/24/12 10:11 PM
Hi Guenter,

When I see a new post from you, I've learnt to expect the unexpected. Your music is always adventurous, inventive and outstandingly well put together. This one is no exception. I thoroughly enjoyed the musical journey.

I hand it to you, you're one of the most consistently creative users of BIAB/RB that I've heard.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Skyline Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/25/12 10:35 AM
Very enjoyable Guenter! Very inventive and the 'don't stop now' vox hook is simply brilliant! You even included the dance music cliche - EQ right down and up again!

Hey, wouldn't it be great if all young people's 'club' music had cool guitar work like yours! It would certainly help rescue it from the mediocrity that characterises 99% of it.

Nit picks: The mastering seems to severe; there's distorton being introduced. The fade at the end was too abrupt - small point but could do with fixing.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/25/12 09:32 PM
hi boehm great job and mix like the guitar fills and the keys very creative tune thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/25/12 10:23 PM
Quote:

Hi Guenter,

When I see a new post from you, I've learnt to expect the unexpected. Your music is always adventurous, inventive and outstandingly well put together. This one is no exception. I thoroughly enjoyed the musical journey.

I hand it to you, you're one of the most consistently creative users of BIAB/RB that I've heard.

All the best,
Noel

I agree with Noel as you are one of the most creative users of BiaB/RB.

I really like the keyboard and guitar work here! They set this apart from a lot of dance music. Great mix also.

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/26/12 01:30 AM
Hey Guenter,

What a great dance track! Love all the sounds you've woven together and the guitar really sets it off.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/26/12 01:22 PM
Great track! Thanks for being so adventuresome! As others have said here, wonderful work. I especially liked how many times your arrangement changed & morphed.
Posted By: boehm Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/26/12 06:35 PM
Thank you all for the nice comments.

@Skyline: On my Stax elecrostats there's no distortion.
If a fade of 14 seconds (8 bars) is too abrupt then it's too abrupt.

Guenter
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/27/12 10:32 PM
Guenter,

I listened to this tune a couple of days ago . . . did you bring up the vocal a bit as I could not mke it out on my 1st listen? Anyway I am glad I came back as it was worth the trip and time.

Very cool I enjoyed the listen. You are indeed very creative.

Later,

PS: Is it OK to use the word cool anymore?
Posted By: austin51 Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/28/12 12:16 AM
boehm -

This is really fun to listen to. I like the way the rhythm gets more intense and complicated and then kicks into the the more subdued break. Like the lead guitar and bass. Great tune. This would make a nice video soundtrack or part of a film score.
Posted By: gibson Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/28/12 05:36 AM
I now have a vision of Kylie Minogue gyrating to that song, so am running a cold bath as I type!!!
I also see no problem with the fade.
I like the way you work Guenter, always an interesting listen with musical ideas I can *cough* borrow for my songs.

Alyn
Hi
Very interesting track. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: ROG Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/28/12 04:23 PM
It works for me.

Great track, well put together.

ROG.
Posted By: boehm Re: Only for the young and young at heart - 11/29/12 04:05 PM
Thank you all for your comments.

@Danny C.: Yes, I did. You're very attentive.
In Germany everybody says 'cool'. I don't know about the US.

Guenter
Like the arrangement. Guitar work is flawless. Thanks for sharing!

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Soundcloud
My Web Page
© PG Music Forums