PG Music Home
Posted By: MikeK Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/04/12 03:52 AM
... and call it a Holiday song.... LOL

Peace to All

Oh - and for a change, I am not playing a single instrument. It's all BIAB! May I'll get some lyrics and vocals to compliment the arrangement. Hope, you enjoy!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/04/12 12:07 PM
Mike - very aptly named piece - it is quite a "peaceful" listen. I'd like to hear a mix with percussion (bongos) instead of hihats and rimshots. That would make it even "more peaceful". Good job.
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/04/12 12:49 PM
That is a mighty fine arrangement with just BIAB stuff. It really is amazing what BIAB can do (when used correctly, that is). Well done.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/04/12 02:09 PM
Thanks so much, folks
Posted By: boehm Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/04/12 02:51 PM
Very nice use of BIAB.

Guenter
Posted By: MikeK Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/04/12 03:11 PM
Vielen Dank auch, Guenter.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/04/12 09:34 PM
Mike,
Very nice. A creation like this is a reminder that BIAB "is" a musical instrument and users are a new breed of musician.
SD
Posted By: MikeK Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/04/12 09:54 PM
Thanks so much, SD! Indeed a new breed. BIAB is amazing!

Mike
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/05/12 01:01 PM
Great work with BIAB...only suggestion might be to change up one of the choruses with more minimal perc...already suggested above....Happy holidays!
Mike,

It's all been said. Good work with some awesome software! Thanks for sharing this.

Steve
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/05/12 01:33 PM
Great Job Mike, hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Posted By: MikeK Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/05/12 04:04 PM
Thanks a bunch, Steve and Tommy. Hope, you have a Merry Christmas as well.

Cheers,
Mike

PS: Steve - I can't get to your song from the office computer. I'll have to check it out later.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/08/12 12:41 AM
I actually want to dedicate this tune to my friend John Hamilton Jr, serving in the US Army for 20 years. He did this last Monday early morning in a house fire. He was a good man and well respected, with a good heard who would not stop helping those in need.

RIP, John!!!!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/08/12 01:25 PM
Hi Mike,

Words and phrases that sprang to mind as I listened were: interesting use of bass drum, very restful, peaceful, would love to hear some lyrics to this, excellently mixed, classy.

I always enjoy listening to your work and this is no exception.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: MikeK Re: Went out on a limb with this one .... - 12/08/12 03:43 PM
Thanks so much for your kind words, Noel. Very much appreciated.

All the best to you too, good Sir.

Mike
© PG Music Forums