PG Music Home
Posted By: Kemmrich 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/05/12 10:45 PM
I saw him on the U of Fla campus (1975?). I believe his son was playing with him. Here's my Brubeck 5/4 tribute I did quite a while ago using the demo song from the BIAB 54_SWING.STY style: 5/4 Swing Jam.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/05/12 11:14 PM
Kevin,

Very cool. Really. Certainly different from what I've heard from you before.
The rim shot is a bit distracting (too "hot"). Everything else is "right where it needs to be"... Nice!

floyd
Posted By: cubanpete Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/05/12 11:29 PM
Pretty nice. I agree, the rim shot seem to be somewhat more "upfront" than the rest of the drums, but, hey, overall nice!

Mike B.
Posted By: MikeK Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/06/12 12:08 PM
I like it a lot, actually. Agree on the rim shot comments. Maybe bring the overall drum volume down some. That might help.

Good job, though!!! Enjoyed it!

Mike
Posted By: Tano Music Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/06/12 03:11 PM
Thanks for this rememberance...very much in the Brubeck style!
Posted By: boehm Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/07/12 02:09 AM
You haven't changed anything from the original 54_SWING.STY demo song except turning the brass into a piano.
But I like your guitar.
Thanks for the Brubeck 5/4 tribute. RIP.

Guenter
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/07/12 06:49 PM
floyd jane: I didn't even notice that rim shot too much -- I was too busy trying to figure out what to play (ha,ha). Thanks for the visit.

cubanpete: Thanks for stopping by and giving it a spin.

MikeK: I've lost the masters, so it sort of is what it is! Thanks for listening.

Tano Music: Thanks for listening and commenting, it is appreciated.

boehm: I thought I made it clear that it was just the BIAB 54_SWING.STY demo song that I used. I guess not clear enough. Thanks for listening.
Posted By: MarioD Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/07/12 08:26 PM
Sounds great to me. Just lower the volume of those rim shots and all will be super.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/08/12 01:04 PM
Hi Kevin,

5/4 is such a great time signature yet one that I've never played around with. You've inspired me. I enjoyed the listen.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/08/12 05:14 PM
I know absolutely nothing about jazz but I instantly recognized this type of beat. I didn't know it was call 5/4. But it is the one thing I have always like about jazz. It's the beat, man!

Nice work.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: 5/4 tune in honor of Dave Brubeck - 12/08/12 11:03 PM
hi kevin very creative well done keep them coming thanks eric
© PG Music Forums