PG Music Home
Posted By: Rick Hansen Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/09/12 02:57 AM
For those that can get into Soundclick fairly easy here is my band page

[Links no longer valid]

I have been wanting BIB for years and the new version I finally bought(2012.5 and 2013)just knocks me out.

It has made composing and recording new and exciting again.

First 2 songs are 70% BIB (I tracked into cubase and added live Bass, Vocals and some Lead.

I got a long way to go with this program but I love it also.

I think I can almost stop missing my drummer now.

Nice to have found this great forum and some REALLY great tunes.

Rick
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/09/12 03:40 AM
Welcome to the forum Rick!

That's a big funky bluesy rootsy rock sound of yours. Mix sounds great through my headphones. The telephone effect on the vox caught me by surprise on the first song - interesting choice there. This program is addicting as you're finding out - the more you use it the more you love it.

Impressive.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/09/12 04:10 AM
Rick,
your songs are interesting and highly dynamic! I like 'em! I especially like the way you personalize them with your own musical and vocal contributions!

Welcome to the forum!
Posted By: seeker Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/09/12 05:23 AM
Rick,

Glad you joined us.

Really enjoyed your music, your style, the mix, the variations thruout.

Really get done dance music.

Like your vocal character and how you use it.

Thanks for sharing you hard work with us all!
Posted By: boehm Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/09/12 11:25 PM
Your songs have got a lot of drive an live feeling.
Welcome to the forum.

Guenter
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/10/12 02:51 PM
Great Job, welcome to the forums!
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/10/12 04:44 PM
Thanks all, happy to be here. I hope some of this good stuff will rub off on me!
What is the best way to post a song for general consumption. I know not everyone can go to soundclick without registration of some kind. I have used "Box" is that allowed here or do you all have a better way?

Thanks again, I'm glad some of you like my humble attempts at being a one man show. So much to learn...

Rick
Posted By: Sundance Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/11/12 02:34 AM
Soundclick doesn't require any kind of registration just to listen and it works on most browsers.

Soundcloud on the other hand no longer works for anyone using XP and IE 8.

I'm not familiar with Box. Personally I don't like anything where I have to download or "run" a temp file to hear a song.

There was a recent discussion on this in the off topic forum started by Eddie, I think the thread is titled "Song Repository".

Whatever you choose, it's best to post one song at a time. Hope that helps.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/11/12 02:57 PM
Enjoyed listening. Especially liked the "Street" song. Would love to have you list the tracks that you used. The piano is nice. The snare sound is terrific. Is that a RealTrack? and did you process that at all to get that snare?
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/11/12 11:30 PM
Thanks. Over the years I have migrated down to using only 2 plugins... my main one being EZmix from Toontrack and Sonitus reverb from cakewalk ("The Venue" pre-set is the best I have ever seen for drums and vocal). The combination of EZmix and realdrums is solid gold! I can drop the drum track in Cubase dial up a drum preset in EZmix (there are about 6 just for drums) and have a drum sound in about 5 min. and I am NOT a pro, far from it. It really has finally set me free to write and track like I always thought I could but could never replace my live drummer.

The piano is a mix of BIB and a live part in the break played on a Yamaha MM6 as audio not MIDI. I tried to get the sounds close to sounding like the same track again using real tracks sounds and a ezmix piano plug. I also will pull out the same piano part from BIB in several different styles and cut and fold them together in Cubase if I want to get a certain feel.

I'm glad you found some of my work to your liking. The mark of a good song is that you want to hear it again ...ONLY LOUDER !

Rick
Posted By: austin51 Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/12/12 04:41 PM

Hi Rick,

Fun track. I like the different places it goes. I like the unique sound of your voice.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/13/12 08:19 AM
You're personality really shines through on these tracks. They're fun listens, thanks for posting!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/14/12 03:02 AM
Welcome Rick, You have a super voice and your bass and guitar playing ain’t to shabby either! Your breaks in these songs are super!

Two thumbs up on the first two songs listed!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/15/12 05:59 PM
hi rick welcome to forum i like your stuff thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Mothers Bad Son compositions in BIB - 12/15/12 08:11 PM
This was fun to listen to! lots of surprises...I liked the patchwork quality..almost like a song quilt. And I like your voice...kind of intimate/closeup..and this song has drive..thank you for sharing.
I've just noticed I deleted the post when I added something. grrrrr
That was a great song and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Alyn
Rick,
Good stuff. I listened to a few tracks. Nice work all the way around the list.
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of great musicians to learn from.
SD
© PG Music Forums