PG Music Home
Posted By: trapper456 New Song Forgiveness *DELETED* - 12/10/12 08:27 AM
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Song Forgiveness - 12/10/12 02:07 PM
Bob,

It always generates a bit of cognitive dissonance when I hear Christian music that sounds like Black Sabbath, but I accept the idea that music is bigger than the perimeters of my opinions.

I think you did a pretty good job with this song. The tracks were assembled pretty well and the music flowed as expected. I especially liked the intro.. it was a "wall of sound" that caught my interest right away.

In my opinion contemporary christian songs overuse a handful of chord progressions, and this is one of them. But, it seems to be part of the genre, so it works as expected.

Regarding the high notes: holy moly, I can't imagine singing that high unless my fingernails were being trimmed by a radial arm saw!

Regarding the video:
all in all pretty good. What software did you use?

But, having said all that: a pretty good song!
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: New Song Forgiveness - 12/10/12 05:44 PM
Hasn't everyone learned that he always deletes his songs as soon as he gets any kind of criticism? And it is usually constructive -- like Pat's. I did give it a listen, though, but I know commenting just doesn't seem to help.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Song Forgiveness - 12/10/12 07:25 PM
Trapper,

I didn't expect you to pull the song, just fix the spelling! It was a pretty good song in my opinion! As reviews go, it was mostly positive.

As is always true, just because somebody makes a comment or suggestion, you don't need to accept it or even give it credence. Your right to stick by your creative opinion is as valid as my right to make observations about it. I have no bone to pick with you, and I want you to know that my comments were not intended to be mean-spirited. As a show of good faith, I have removed the part of my original review that is most likely to have offended you. (rest assured that offending you was not my intent!)

Regarding the practice of posting then removing: I do that too. At different times of day I have different sensibilities about what is and isn't worth posting. So I'll often post something frisky in the morning when I'm rested and on top of my game. Later that day when I come home from work tired and in no mood to address controversy, I may delete the morning's post. No big deal. You're OK in my book.
© PG Music Forums