PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Christmas Tree - 12/14/12 02:19 AM
Pumping Station Road (PSR) recorded Christmas Tree back in 2009 but we always thought something was wrong with it. In 2010 we had a friend Anna sing the lead and we thought that it was better. Last Sunday BobH from PSR and I listened to it again and again we thought that something wasn’t quite right. So we fiddled with it and came up with this version.

Unfortunately I lost all of the records to this song and all I had to work with from the original version was the finished wav. I remember that BobH played guitar, the drum track was from a BiaB style and that I played everything else. In this version we added the choir. We think that did improve this song.

What do you think?
Posted By: boehm Re: Christmas Tree - 12/14/12 02:47 AM
Nice Christmas song.
Good voice and mix.

Guenter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Christmas Tree - 12/14/12 01:10 PM
Mario,

What do I think? I think I like it. Nice vocal. Love the bells and the organ. The choir is a nice touch. The only "problem" for me (if you want to call it that) is the guitar. It's got a "sharp edge" to it that does not fit well with the rest. It kind of "sticks out" - if that makes sense. Though it sounds like, from your description, it is what it is.... other than that...

I DO like it!

floyd
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Christmas Tree - 12/15/12 06:03 PM
hi marioD nice mix and vocals and arrangement thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Christmas Tree - 12/15/12 08:07 PM
hi marioD...real nice..I've never heard this song before, really liked the shape of it (esp the I to II7 chord)...and very nice performance...the choir backing was esp good...only feedback I would give is to maybe come into the song a bit more gently/quiet, then build up from there. Thanks, and Merry CHristmas to all!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Christmas Tree - 12/17/12 08:30 PM
Mario,
I like it too but I agree with Floyd, the guitar is a bit too loud. Thanks for sharing and Merry CHRISTMAS.
SD
Posted By: MarioD Re: Christmas Tree - 12/18/12 02:34 AM
Thanx all for listening and the very kind comments.

Thanx Floyd for bringing up the guitar thing. When I up load a song I consider the song done; however I am grateful for any constructive criticism I can get on any of my songs. I was never really happy with this from the get go, even after changing of singers. Since the guitar was the first live track to go down plus the fact that I have listened to this so many times I didn’t catch that fact. But I think you are right.

I told the guys that if you want to remake this we should forget the Band-Aid approach and start from scratch. If they do want to remake it then I think I will replace the 12 string with a nylon string guitar.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Christmas Tree - 12/19/12 04:19 AM
This has a great 70s country vibe to it. Great recording. I think the synth (or is it the guitar) is a bit too loud in the mix and the vocals too low. But a wonderful production.
Posted By: fiskenjaxon Re: Christmas Tree - 12/22/12 10:40 AM
I love hearing the bells in this song. The combination of the musical arrangements makes it more dramatic. I added this on my playlist for Christmas day.

Regards,
Jaxon
© PG Music Forums