PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic The Reason - 12/14/12 09:16 AM
Here is an original song "The Reason" I wrote in 2008. All the instruments are BIAB, It was recorded with a $13.00 Mic so I really had to eq vocal, I used a High Pass filter I cut at 250 hz. There is also a traditional tune O Little Town of Bethlehem. I just recorded it today, My voice is still on the mend. The guitars are midi and the fiddle Realtracks. I appreciate any feedback and comments. Merry Christmas!

The Reason

O Little Town of Bethlehem
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Reason - 12/14/12 01:56 PM
Robert,

Very well done. A very nice song. Great mix. The simplicity of the acoustic guitars and pedal steel is perfect. And your vocal sounds good.

It would be quite cool if you could have a "choir" singing along on the chorus - maybe run your vocal through the harmonizer. Think it would really "set it off"...

Great job.

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: The Reason - 12/14/12 02:37 PM
A go along with Floyd: Very well done. And your vocal sounds good.

Guenter
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: The Reason - 12/15/12 07:27 AM
Thanks floyd jane and boehm for the comment and suggestions. It is much appreciated.

My Music Soundcloud
My Music Reverbnation
My Web Page
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: The Reason - 12/15/12 02:10 PM
Hi Robert. Very nice and simple. Easy to listen to.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: The Reason - 12/15/12 05:04 PM
hi robert i always enjoy your stuff mix and vocals well done eric
Posted By: Tano Music Re: The Reason - 12/15/12 09:08 PM
Thanks Robert..just the right message for the season..I agree with Geunther about adding a choir backing..
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: The Reason - 12/16/12 07:33 PM
Thanks jo131, F.M.M and Tano Music for listening to my songs sharing your own as well. Merry Christmas!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: The Reason - 12/17/12 04:45 AM
Hi Robert,

As others have said, the simplicity of this arrangement is a major strength of the song. Well done.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: dcuny Re: The Reason - 12/17/12 08:35 PM
Hi, Robert. I had a listen to "Little Town of Bethlehem." It's a nice arrangement: simple and to the point. Very effective, and where you drop everything down for the final verse is +1 Super Effective.

My only negative comment is that you pop T's and S's throughout the song. I don't think that shows up in other songs, so it might just be how close you are to your mike. This sort of stuff can be surgically corrected in a lot of DAWs, but it's not a big thing.

Good to hear you are on the mend!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: The Reason - 12/18/12 07:35 AM
Thanks dcuny, I appreciate the constructive criticism. Thanks for listening!

My Music
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: The Reason - 12/19/12 04:43 AM
Very nice tune. Good work. Good use of BIAB.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: The Reason - 12/20/12 05:53 AM
Thanks jptjptjpt! I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

My Music Soundcloud
My Music Reverbnation
My Web Page
Posted By: Tommyc Re: The Reason - 12/20/12 01:17 PM
I always love your songs Robert, especially Christmas Shoes!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: The Reason - 12/21/12 08:37 AM
Christmas shoes is one of my favorite contemporary Christmas songs. Thanks for listening! Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
© PG Music Forums