PG Music Home
Posted By: senn5 New song from Gospel CD - 12/23/12 10:37 PM
Trying out soundcloud and my attempt at producing a song from BIAB/Realband/Sonar.......

So all comments welcome...:)

[Link no longer valid]
Posted By: occ Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/24/12 02:09 AM
Senn5 I really enjoyed this. I do country gospel myself so this is my favorite style of music. It started off like "Have I told you lately that I love You". Thanks for sharing!! occ
Posted By: Mac Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/24/12 05:36 PM
Nice.

I can picture this one being covered by The Gaither outfit.

Blessings, and Merry Christmas!

--Mac
Posted By: Tano Music Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/24/12 05:46 PM
Senn5..I really liked this..I wouldn't suggest a single change...tell us a bit more about how you put it together..style/effects, etc.
Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/24/12 07:10 PM
Love it! Lyrics flow perfect. Mix sounds excellent. Thanks for sharing!

My Music
Posted By: dcuny Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/24/12 09:35 PM
Nice work - good arrangement, and it maintains interest throughout.

The only real negative is the auto-harmony - it comes off a bit too robotic. Part of the problem might be that it tracks exactly against the lyric. If you've got other takes, you might use them to generate the parts instead. Another option might be to stagger the harmony parts a bit so they don't quite stack up the same.

But really, getting the original singer to do parts would be ideal - especially since it's a keystone of the chorus!
Posted By: MarioD Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/24/12 10:36 PM
Quote:

Nice.

I can picture this one being covered by The Gaither outfit.

Blessings, and Merry Christmas!

--Mac

Loved it

Mac said it best
Posted By: senn5 Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/24/12 11:08 PM
Hey thanks so much for the plus comments........much appreciated.

David Cuny....... I couldn't agree with you more. This was my first attempt at trying the harmonies in BIAB. I've tried everything in the mix from EQ to you name it to try and get that robotic sound out of there. I'll have to try your suggestion of staggering them a bit and see what happens. I have a Vocalist Live Pro but Michelle's voice has a VERY strong vibrato in it, and although I love the VLP it is very sensitive to that and I have harmonies flying all over the place...lol I recorded her voice in Sonar and used V-Clip to take out some of the vibrato as well as pitch correction.

I had to try and generate harmonies the best I could, Michelle isn't that strong of a singer and I don't think she is capable of singing the parts on her own. She writes her own songs and I've agreed to try to put together a CD for her.

I started in BIAB using _ctryswu UptempoCountrySwing and then loaded that into realband to generate other instruments. From there I load all the individual tracks into Sonar and record her voice. I pitch correct her voice and save that as a wave file and load it back into BIAB to generate the harmonies. Then load ALL back into Sonar, cut/paste mix,EQ and whatever until I come up with something I can live with...:)

Hey Mac! Thanks so much for the positive, much appreciated.

Thanks again everyone and a Merry Christmas to all........take care.
Posted By: boehm Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/25/12 03:43 PM
Nice tune. Good arrangement.
About the harmonies: Ask Floyd Jane. He does very well with his BIABettes.

Merry Christmas

Guenter
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/25/12 05:05 PM
Quote:

The only real negative is the auto-harmony - it comes off a bit too robotic. ....Another option might be to stagger the harmony parts a bit so they don't quite stack up the same.

Agree. Another trick is to add a slight Chorus effect to the BGV to create some movement. The Kjaerhus Classic Series Chorus is great for this. You can still grab these from The Acoustica Site.

Good tune!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New song from Gospel CD - 12/25/12 11:04 PM
Nice!

I agree with David about the harmonies, but nevertheless, a very nice effort. And great message!

Merry Christmas!

Steve
© PG Music Forums