PG Music Home
Posted By: aleck rand Moondrops - 12/29/12 12:57 AM
Smooth Jazz (composer: Aleck Rand, guitar). Except for the guitar harmonizing with the alto sax melody (by RealTracks artist P.J. Perry), all the solos and comping were created from RealTracks. Smooth jazz monster Jeff Lorber comps and solos on electric piano, Brad Turner solos on trumpet with beautifully shaped ideas, and P.J. nails that smooth jazz alto sound. Listen: https://soundcloud.com/aleckrand/moondrops
Posted By: boehm Re: Moondrops - 12/29/12 01:27 AM
Very nice track.
Like the chord progression. Your guitar is a nice touch.
You should watch your stereo panning.

Happy new year.

Guenter
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Moondrops - 01/30/13 02:48 PM
Aleck...I really liked this..please make sure to tell us which style you used...maybe the specific RT's. Great idea to let the RTs create the solo, then for you to double/harmonize behind them...definitely a pleasing sound...I agree with Guenter...you need to bring some of your sounds "up front" when they solo.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Moondrops - 01/30/13 05:03 PM
Smooth is right! Nice flow, all the lead work is outstanding, thank for sharing!

My Tunes
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Moondrops - 01/31/13 01:52 AM
I listened to quite a few of your recordings and love the guitar tone and your phrasing. I would like to hear the guitar lead more in the center or at least a little closer to center stage.

Very nice indeed.

Later,
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Moondrops - 01/31/13 04:53 AM
Great guitar sound Aleck! Wes lives! What type of guitar do you play?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Moondrops - 01/31/13 02:23 PM
Very nice listen and use of RTs, but personally I would like to hear more of your lead guitar playing. You are a super player so let it shine through.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Moondrops - 02/01/13 10:53 PM
Aleck,

Very enjoyable. Agree with the other comments on your guitar work - very nice.

Bob
© PG Music Forums