PG Music Home
Posted By: Tommyc Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 12:14 AM
Another song we recorded at Christmas, Keith Stone on Sax and Biab RealTracks with a Congo drum loop. Hope you enjoy it. Hidden Romance
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 01:08 AM
very good! remind me somewhat to "Gato Barbiery" stuff.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 02:38 AM
Made me want to light some candles, put my feet up and have a glass of wine.....unfortunately I don't drink anymore but hey....

Sounds great Tommy.
Posted By: WSE1 Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 06:33 AM
Great rhythm. I especially love how you created that bass appeal. The horn is awesome. Cool blend - Cool Jazz
Posted By: Skyline Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 08:56 AM
Great stuff Tommy. What superb sax playing.

John
Beautiful, Tommy. Absolutely gorgeous - on every level.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 02:51 PM
Tommy,

This is excellent... So smooth and soulful.

Bob
Posted By: boehm Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 05:20 PM
Great as always.

Guenter
Posted By: MikeK Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 08:52 PM
Hey Tommy, this is just superb all the way! Keith plays that horn to perfection and the arrangement really suits his playing.

All in all, this is a wonderful piece of music!

Congrats,
Mike
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 10:09 PM
Hi Tommy,

When I look at your name on these forums, I see "Tommyc expert" ...

To my mind, that says it all. You are one of most expert musicians I've heard. I have to add to that that when your expertise collaborates with Keith Stone's equally impressive abilities, the music is gold. This song, like so many of your works, could easily feature on jazz radio anywhere in the world.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: austin51 Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/10/13 10:28 PM
Nice smooth jazz. Great job. Excellent sax.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/13/13 11:53 AM
Thanks so much for the kind comments and taking the time to listen! I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time to return your comments, I'll try to listen to everyone's songs this week. Hope you have a great weekend!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/13/13 03:59 PM
Tommy I did review this earlier but my post disappeared again!

So again this is super smooth jazz. You guys should get together more often.

Two thumbs up.
Tommy,

You always produce a great sound, Cuz! This one is no exception! Really enjoyed this one.

Steve
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/17/13 12:03 AM
Thank Yall for listening, wish Keith could have stayed longer so we could have recorded some more songs!
Posted By: Rafa T Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/18/13 01:31 AM
Great sax, great sound, great groove, great Tommyc!!!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/18/13 07:57 PM
Thank You so much for listening Rafa!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/19/13 04:27 PM
hi guys nice job everything mix arrangement tone great sax how are you recording the sax just wondering thanks eric
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/19/13 08:29 PM
Hi Eric, I used an Shure SM 81 dry and added some reverb and stereo delay to match BPM, quarter notes on one side and half notes on the other. I think a lot of the good sound was due to Keith's new mouth piece and his technique. Last year he had a metal mouth piece and it was a little harsh compared to the plastic one he used this time. Thanks for listening Eric!
Great track...I esp liked the 'drawn out' chord progression at the end of the structure..and excellent playing as well!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/20/13 11:56 AM
Thank You so much for listening!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/25/13 06:08 PM
Tommy, Kieth,
Top notch pro sound! Awesome. Thanks.
SD
Posted By: CeeBee Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/25/13 07:02 PM
Another cool masterpiece Tommy and Keith. Loved it..
I've been away for a while and it amazes me how much great music has been uploaded since I was last here. It's going to take ages to catch up.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Hidden Romance feat Keith Stone on Sax - 01/31/13 02:08 PM
Thanks Guys for listening! I've been so busy I didn't notice your comments until today!
© PG Music Forums