PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/22/13 04:31 PM
Greetings Forum Friends,

First I want to apologize for my absence lately. The holidays and work have kept me really nailed down.
I've listened to some of your new songs and can see we're already off to a great start this year! Thanks for posting.

I wanted to share some good news with you. A song I wrote a while back, "They Wait For Us At Home" just hit #1 on the Soundclick Dixieland chart so I thought I post it here again. I know, it's not such a big achievement since there are less than 600 songs in the category but people seem to like it. I'm really pleased since it was the first song my wife and I wrote together. Please enjoy.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11468535&q=hi&newref=1

I'm working on a new batch of songs but my process takes a long time. Meanwhile, I'll be listening.

SpaceDog
Posted By: boehm Re: They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/22/13 05:06 PM
Congrats on your #1 position.
Really a fun song.

Guenter
Posted By: Tano Music Re: They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/23/13 01:01 PM
Great work, and kudo's on rising to the top! Overall very enjoyable song...funny catch lines, too! Sounds like you wrote this from real-life experiences. I like the slight minor chord at the beginning of 2nd chorus line. And good punctuation at the end to button it up. Dixieland was the perfect style, too! Thanks for sharing, and continued recognition.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/23/13 01:28 PM
Guenter, Tano Music,
Thanks for listening and your kind words. My wife likes the light-hearted songs and I tend to like the ballards. Guess she's right again!
SD
Posted By: floyd jane Re: They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/24/13 12:23 AM
SD,

I SO enjoyed this. Great job all the way around - the writing, the production, the mix. (I thought there should be a little more barking at the end - a lot more actually...). Great job!

floyd
Posted By: MarioD Re: They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/24/13 09:50 PM
I just got back from getting our three shih-tzus from the groomers then had the delightful experience of listing and laughing at this song! This is a song every dog owner can relate too!

Ps – congratulations on your first place! It is well deserved!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/24/13 10:17 PM
Hi SD,

This is fantastic! It's my new favourite from your studios! To quote one of the best musician's on this forum, "Great job all the way around - the writing, the production, the mix."

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: rsdean Re: They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/24/13 10:28 PM
SD,

Great song - extremely enjoyable! Congrats on the number one position.

Bob
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/25/13 06:47 PM
Floyd,
Thanks. Glad you liked it. That's Misty barking at the end. I edited the sound bite (pardon the pun) to have her bark in rhythm.

Mario,
Thanks for the Kudos. I'm shamefully proud of the ranking. My wife plays the song for the dogs while I gone so they can hear "daddy's" voice.

Noel
Thanks for the complement. You'd really laugh at what I call my studio. By the way Sunshine (dog with the flower hat in the photo) is part Aussie Sheppard. Are they all so stubborn?

Bob
I'm really glad you liked it. Got to lighten up now and again. Thanks.

Good to hear from you all!

SD
Posted By: CeeBee Re: They Wait For Us at Home SC#1 - 01/25/13 07:08 PM
Nice song Spacedog, loved the bark at the end..and top of the hit parade as well, congratulations.
© PG Music Forums