PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 01:13 AM
Mario Unplugged

Every Sunday the family gets together in the parlor to pick and grin. There is Mario on the rhythm guitar, his brother Luigi on lead guitar, cousin Guido on bass and cousin Dominic on banjo. Well this week brother-in-law Billy Bob Inabox brought his dam drums. Well we played anyway and this is what you got.

This is a very quick and dirty unplugged instrumental. I played all but the drums. My wife bought me a 6 stringed banjo for Christmas and I just had to try it out in a song. I know I need a lot more practice on it!

I used BiaB style =work_BS. The drums are verbatim and everything else was deleted and replaced by myself.

I hope you like for the jam that it is!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 01:31 AM
Mario!

1st of all it sounded like loads of fun, I know you guys had a good time with this as I could hear the smiles in the music.

2nd I too have been looking at those six string banjos, you sound great with it, especially as you are just beginning to use it. However I am also looking at a resonator and torn between the two.

Anyway great fun song, be sure to pass my kudos on to the rest of the family.

3rd after reading the names of the rest of the players . . . Luigi, Guido and Dominic I can't help but wonder two things, 1st who was left to run the pizzeria, and secondly how did a guy named Billy Bob Inabox get that close to the family? Rim Shot!

Later,
Posted By: boehm Re: Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 03:08 AM
As Danny said --> it sounded like loads of fun, I know you had a good time with this as I could hear the smiles in the music.

Guenter
Posted By: austin51 Re: Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 04:18 AM

Sounds like pure toe tapping fun. Wanted to holler Yee-Haaaa half way through.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 02:09 PM
Thanx Danny for listening and the very kind comments, which I will try to answer for you now:

1-it was a lot of fun. This jam only took a couple of hours to record. After those all-electronic songs I posted I thought I would try something all acoustic. Nothing was plugged into an amp as I record everything straight into the mixing board with an inexpensive Behringer Super Cardioid XM1800S mic. They were three mics in a case for $40 USD!

2-I got the Rondo 6 string banjo. The action is very high so I have to take it to local luthier to get it lowered. I would do it myself if it was a guitar but this has a wooden bridge that needs lowering via sanding and I’m no good with wood!

My next purchase will be a resonator! Are you looking for a round neck or square neck? Right now I’m undecided?

3-first off it’s not a pizzeria, it’s a cannoli shop and like all good Catholic Cannoli shops it’s closed on Sundays!

About Billy Bob Inabox, well we have a sister Tina we don’t talk about much. She just came back from Louisiana with a drummer on her knee
Posted By: MarioD Re: Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 02:11 PM
Guenter and austin51, thanx for listening and the very kind comments.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 03:49 PM
Thanks for sharing Mario, the banjo playing sounded pretty good considering you just started. I love the fun had on making up the band names, but I suspected something like that about Billy Bob!
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 04:28 PM
That was a fun listen. Cool stuff going on all over the place. Very balanced recording, too.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 06:53 PM
Well played Mario, a nice upheat lively tempo.

The banjo sounds great, now I want one too

musiclover
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Mario Unplugged - 01/31/13 06:54 PM
Quote:

3-first off it’s not a pizzeria, it’s a cannoli shop and like all good Catholic Cannoli shops it’s closed on Sundays!

About Billy Bob Inabox, well we have a sister Tina we don’t talk about much. She just came back from Louisiana with a drummer on her knee

Now that's funny (and more than likely true) I don't care who you are!

Later,
Posted By: rsdean Re: Mario Unplugged - 02/01/13 10:42 PM
Mario,

You need to do some more unplugged... This was very cool. Great job.

Bob
© PG Music Forums