PG Music Home
Posted By: Danny C. Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/05/13 04:27 AM
This is a little blues tune that has been rolling around in my head for quite a few months now. With the exception of a little solo and some rhythm played along to the TBLZ8R at 120 BPM and Roadhouse Harp and of course gotta have that cowbell . . . but was it enough?

It's called Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ

Thanks for your time to listen and of course comment.

I'll give the 1st comment, I thing I should have attacked the solo a bit more, I think that maybe it's just too laid back.

PS: Just thinking I sure do a lot of music around food don't I?

Later,
Posted By: occ Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/05/13 02:32 PM
Hey Danny!! I liked it. You are on a roll. Keep up the good work. occ
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/05/13 02:48 PM
Man, Danny, you ARE on a roll (to quote occ)...

Great song - lyrics and melody! (great title, too). I thought the guitar was just fine. But the harmonica through the last parts needed to come up some (and be a part of "the rockin'). Nice job on the video, too.

Pass the sauce, please... and keep 'em coming....

floyd
Posted By: Brallan Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/05/13 03:32 PM
Nice, smooth... but jeez, how can you think about food the day after the superbowl? Nice shots of platters and guitars, though.

I tend to agree, you could have "cooked" the lead guitar more -- after all, it's your own axe, not a computer-generated track. The bass also may be a little heavy, but it may be my monitors.
Posted By: ROG Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/05/13 04:30 PM
Hey Danny.

Loved both the track and the video - some nice looking food and some dangerous looking women, probably both bad for your health!

A bit more BB King in the solo would have been nice, I agree, but there's nothing wrong with laid-back either. The whole thing was well put-together.

ROG.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/05/13 07:11 PM
Danny, what are you doing pounding down Wheaties? Why ‘cause you are the champion!

Great song, backing tracks, vocals, lead axe and lyrics.

I also thought that the harp could be more up front when you are not singing.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/05/13 07:16 PM
Quote:

Hey Danny!! I liked it. You are on a roll. Keep up the good work. occ

Thanks OCC . . . On a roll? 12 days a week or so ago of continuous train effect rain gave me the incentive I needed to finish a few songs. Thanks for the listen.

Floyd . . . Harmonica track was the 1st thing I noticed also, you can bet it is cranked up a bit when I do this tune live. Thanks again for the listen.

Brad . . . Yeah when I do the tune live a I am a bit more aggressive on the solo than what is on the recording. The bass? You may be correct but as stated I love that bass line so I may have loved it so much I did not hear how prominent it was mixed into the track. But did I mention I love it man!

ROG . . . The food and the women, ahhhh yes, the women . . . Anyway thanks again for your kind words and the listen.

Thanks again, just waiting for some rainy down-time to finish a few more projects.

Later,
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/05/13 07:21 PM
Thanks Mario!

I missed you in my blanket thanks above.

Later man,
Posted By: boehm Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/06/13 12:03 AM
Not too laid back, just easy listening (and watching).

Guenter
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/08/13 10:29 PM
Hi Danny,

Yet another testimony to your skills! You've got my I-agree-with-everything-above vote I enjoyed the journey.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/10/13 12:32 AM
Guenter and Noel,

Thanks for the listen and kind words.

later,
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/10/13 05:52 AM
Danny you rat that made me hong'ry!
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/10/13 05:12 PM
Hi Danny
A good,stomping Rock N Roller in the good old 12 bar style. Loved it!!
Is that a 335 you are playing the Lead break? Sounds as smooth as butter.
Our first experience of Florida dining was in a Bar on Marco Island. I like ribs but in England, if we ever see them on a Menu, we get a bare few with a commercial bottled sauce over the top. I asked not for a half serving (as was suggested I did - shoulda listened to the man) but a plate. Danny - I'm still eating' em!!!! Awesome!
Great tune Danny and a fun video to go with it.
cheers
Ian
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/10/13 08:00 PM
BBQ at Danny's house! Road Trip!

Great tune.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: vzudell Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/11/13 12:41 AM

Danny, Enjoyed every minute of it. You made a great video too as well as the song.
Nothin' to pick apart but the ribs.

Val
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/11/13 05:47 PM
Robh . . . BBQ like many of my other favorites always have a place on my food consumption rotation chart. BBQ comes around every 2 weeks.

Sixchannel . . . Thanks for the kind words and yes that was my old 335 early 1960 something vintage doing the brief solo.

90db . . . As we say down South, COME ON DOWN!

Val . . . Thanks for the kind words.

Later all,
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/11/13 05:58 PM
"90db . . . As we say down South, COME ON DOWN!"

We're in Florida, so I would have to come on UP! (You Yankees are really funny)
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Rockin Blues & Smokey BBQ - 02/11/13 06:41 PM
Good one, I can relate . . . we here in South La. call everyone who lives North of Baton Rouge a Yankee.

Later,
© PG Music Forums