PG Music Home
Here is the latest BB project I worked on. I finally figured out how to audition takes via band in the box to accomplish the instrumentalists "trading fours" section. It was back in November, so hopefully I will still remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHEV678TsTU

I used Band in a box, realband, Sonar x1 (to add vocals), Anime Studio Pro and Cyberlink Power Director

BB Song info:

Song File Name: Oh Me Oh My I-65 Take Me to Nashville Tennessee v3a
Tempo: 190
Key: G
Time Sig: 4/4
9 - BB RealBass 538 Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 190.WAV
10 - BB RealDrums-NashvilleSwing8^1-Snare,Ride.WAV
11 - BB RealPiano 374 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 190.WAV
12 - BB RealGuitar 815 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Western Swing Sw.WAV
13 - BB RealStrings 1135 Pedal Steel, Rhythm WesternSwing Sw 190.WAV
14 - RT429 Fiddle, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130 (Chops).WAV
15 - RT611 Mandolin, Rhythm Fast Chop Sw 190.WAV
16 - RT1675 Pedal Steel, Soloist WesternSwingPaul Sw 165 (jazz/la.WAV
17 - RT596 Fiddle, Soloist Bluegrass Doc Ev 100.WAV
18 - RT590 Banjo, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Rhythm - Simple).WAV
19 - RT602 Harmonica, Soloist Train Ev 130.WAV
20 - RT590 Banjo, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Rhythm - Simple).WAV
Number of Tracks: 12

Regards,
Patrick
Hi Patrick,

You've got my applause! To my ears, this was a very tastefully composed, arranged and presented work.

Regards,
Noel
Country music in the grand tradition. Do they still make this in Nashville? Foot-tappin' fer shure! Made me look in my drawer for my old kazoo.
both the music and the video are excellent.
good stuff!

Alyn
Patrick,

Gotta agree with Noel, Brad and Alyn.... Great job! Both the song and the video. (Although, with that sound, you may want to keep heading south on 65 and find your way to Austin...)

floyd
Patrick -

Fun tune. Love the animation too.

Regards,

Bob
Really enjoyed both the track and the animation.

ROG.
Patrick,

Not only a very good tune but lots of fun to listen to and watch.

The animations and your vocal puts it over the top.

Later,
Patrick, I agree with all that has been said. The backing tracks are perfect for you vocals.

I enjoyed the animations also but I really liked the telephone wires that were strung like a music staff with the birds as the notes! Well done!
I agree: Great job! Both the song and the video.
I like the idea of the birds on the staves too.
Enjoyable vocals.

Guenter
Wonderful! Fun tune. Nice production. The animation was fun to watch.
Noel, Brad, Alyn, Floyd, Bob, ROG, Danny C., Mario, Guenter and Jim,

Thanks for all your comments regarding the music and the animation. It's great to get feedback from fellow composers. I've been offline awhile due to a busy schedule, but recognize at the very least Noel, Mario and Bob ( gypsy woman tune a while back?) from when I was a bit more actively online.

Floyd, your Austin comment is well taken. I tried several contemporary Nashville styles, but the tune kept pulling me back to the traditional, more in the Western swing. Just had to stop fighting it and go with what I was.

Mario and Guenter, glad you noticed the birds on the lines/staves. I had several things in mind for that part of the tune, but that one materialized when I got to that point in the animation. I know I'm not the first to think of it, but I took my turn at it

Brad, I had to laugh at the kazoo comment. I used to play with a tuba player who had three metal kazoos and a funnel soldered together and he would jump into a solo on it at the appropriate climax of our New Orleans style gigs. Those were good times.

Thanks again, hope to get more active in the forum as the season winds down here.

Regards,
Patrick
Loved it! GREAT feel. I liked how you did the trade off's too! Very authentic!

So...how did you do the animation?
HearToLearn,

I created the truck and also used some stock backgrounds from the Anime Studio program adapted to what I was doing. Other objects I drew in black/white, scanned in and modified from there. The bulk of it was from within the program where you create objects and move them along a timeline. I've only done 4 things over the last couple years, I'm still a newbie, but this was the most complicated thing I have done so far. If I knew how to draw for real, that would be something. Thanks for your comments. I really like how amazingly useful Band-in-a-Box and Realband have become as the program has continued to develop.

-Pat
which animation program did you use.
Great! Reminds me of some of Arlo Gutherie's "ALice's Restaurant" period. Thanks for sharing.
Enjoyed this very much and especially liked the little dog in the truck.
© PG Music Forums