PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Song with Imogen - 02/06/13 12:27 AM
Seriously, Imogen Heap is the singer.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11903190

All the backing tracks are BB/RB except the guitar is live.... me on my telecaster.

Style is jazz.

The story...or how I got Miss Heap to sing this. Actually, Imogen was recording some stuff a few years back for a special project, and after recording the vocals to this, it was cut from the project. Imogen made the stems for the vocals available and I was fortunate enough to grab them. I recorded this a few years back and this version is a redo of the project.
Posted By: boehm Re: Song with Imogen - 02/06/13 12:50 AM
One of the most beautiful songs
I have heard here.
Great vocals and harmonies together
with a perfect background.
This was not the last time I listened.

Guenter
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Song with Imogen - 02/06/13 03:25 AM
Quote:

One of the most beautiful songs
I have heard here.
Great vocals and harmonies together
with a perfect background.
This was not the last time I listened.

Guenter

I am on my third listen all I will add to Guenter's post is WOW that gal can SANG!

Later,
Posted By: seeker Re: Song with Imogen - 02/06/13 05:17 AM
Herb,

You are NOT a hacker. First class professional works.

The redo using BIAB tools are fabulous.

Thanks to you and Also Imogen for sharing.
Posted By: Brallan Re: Song with Imogen - 02/06/13 06:41 AM
Very very classy, in every aspect. Sounds like full studio quality to me... this forum seems to have suddenly gone "pro."

And thanks for introducing me to Imogen... didn't know her. A little bit of the old Joni, which is enough for a Pandora station.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly are "stems?" I imagine they are simply the raw vocal tracks, right? And did you write the song? Top notch.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Song with Imogen - 02/06/13 01:27 PM
Very grooving, if thats an OK word for a Brit to use.
Great singing voice and I enjoyed the sound of the Tele and the Sax fits so well that he could have been in the Studio with you. Maybe he was - our BIAB Studio!! lol
A totally Pro piece of work.

cheers
ian
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Song with Imogen - 02/06/13 01:38 PM
Herb,

Agree with all that's been said... Great production and mix. Incredible vocal - gorgeous (would love to see the lyric posted to "get a better sense of it").

Also, with Brad on "what are stems"?

floyd
Posted By: austin51 Re: Song with Imogen - 02/06/13 02:20 PM

Fantastic sounding production. Wonderful vocals. Enjoyed it very much.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Song with Imogen - 02/07/13 12:19 AM
Hey thanks everybody for listening.

yeah, Stems are basically tracks. just another way of saying tracks.

Imogen Heap is a big star (I think) across the pond.... she sounds a bit British when she speaks. She wrote the words and the melody for the vocals and I put the music together and took her raw vocals and massaged them into this arrangement.

It was a fun project to work on.

Again... thanks for the listen.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Song with Imogen - 02/08/13 12:47 AM
Herbie, you dog you! As usual everything you do is top notch. I really love the guitar tones. Mix is superb. Imogen's vocal very very sweet.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Song with Imogen - 02/08/13 02:09 PM
Wow, fabulous job Heb. Love it!
I have most of Imogen's records - yes, she is a pretty big star indeed, and no wonder!
Here she is with Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's:-
Imogen Heap and Jeff Beck - 'Blanket'.
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Song with Imogen - 02/08/13 02:30 PM
That sounds great. Great mix and singing. Everything is super top-notch. It sounds like studio pro quality all the way.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Song with Imogen - 02/08/13 10:03 PM
Hi Guitarhacker,

How good does this sound!?!? I'm speechless. The song is incredibly impressive in every way.

Like Floyd, I'd have liked to see the lyrics so that I could get a better sense of the word journey. That being said, though, my ears heard this as "easy listening music" at its absolute best.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Song with Imogen - 02/09/13 06:18 PM
Hey... thanks all for listening....

Actually, I would have to set down and write out the lyrics. That was Imogen's part of the song. I puzzled over a few places in the lyrics, but I think I have them all figured out now.

I love Love LOVE the way she sings.... although I do admit until I worked on this tune, I had barely heard of her but my girls and their friends all knew her name immediately.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Song with Imogen - 02/11/13 10:40 PM
I first saw her on the Jeff Beck "Live at Ronny Scotts" DVD and she simply knocked us out. Hard to go astray with that level of talent on hand. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Song with Imogen - 02/12/13 04:05 PM
Herb, I agree with everything that has been said, i.e. OUTSTANDING!

I will add that this is “air play ready”!

Two thumbs up!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Song with Imogen - 02/13/13 06:22 AM
You truly has a gift! Very well Mastered. Thanks for sharing!

7. 12 Bar Wah Wah

6. Submarine

5. I Cry

4. It's A Beautiful Day In My Neighborhood

3. I Will Praise You

2. Walk In Africa

1. Remote Control

My FAWM Home Page
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Song with Imogen - 02/14/13 02:41 AM
Kind words...thank you.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Song with Imogen - 02/14/13 11:49 AM
Exceptional. Outstanding. Captivating. (add additional superlatives here_______)

Regards,,

Bob
Posted By: Dazzman Re: Song with Imogen - 02/15/13 02:43 PM
I knew Imogen Heap before a she was signed we used to work with Pam Robbins (RIP) at the original songwriters live venue at the Orange, later called West One Four in west Kensington London.

She is an accomplished live performer. I worked with quite a few of the artists who got their break through the club. Some of whom went on to become very successful and produce many hit records.

Good to hear she's still out there and doing it.

Great Tune and a great artist

D
© PG Music Forums