PG Music Home
Posted By: Danny C. My Black Haired Beauty - 02/18/13 04:32 AM
This is a little song I wrote with the image of South Texas, it's many bars and Cantinas and all of their colorful patrons in mind. Of course I not only hope you enjoy the music, but the story as well.

It's called My Black Haired Beauty

As always thanks for your time to listen and comment as well.

Later,
Posted By: austin51 Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/18/13 03:14 PM

Nicely done. Reminds me of Jimmy Buffett if he hung out on the border.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/18/13 04:31 PM
Nicely done, Danny. And quite clever. Great use of the "mex" tracks. And a really nice mix. Guess that would be mex-mix.

I would say it sounds like a cross between Jimmy Buffett and Randy Newman (which is a pretty cool combination).

floyd
Posted By: 90 dB Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/18/13 06:52 PM
Dame una cerveza, gringo. Estoy sediento. Está bien.

Saludos cordiales,

Roberto
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/18/13 09:58 PM
Yeah man! Great to hear something with those border tracks. Seemed like an "Island-Mex" sound to my ears.
Posted By: boehm Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/19/13 12:16 AM
Well done.
I like the mex style (and dogs, too).

Guenter
Posted By: Danny C. Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/19/13 02:46 AM
austin51,

Thanks for the listen, and Jimmy has been known to drop in from time to time.

Floyd,

Thanks for the kind words and time to listen.

90db

Gracias . . . and have another on me.

Mootsman,

Thank you man and I too love those mex tracks, just a bit difficult finding the right trumpet track to go with them, I almost got it with this one but still not to my liking.

Guenter,

I appreciate the listen time and comments as well, and for what it's worth That Black Haired Beauty does belong to me.

Thanks to all,
Posted By: Sundance Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/22/13 04:34 AM
You really had me going there Danny. Fun song and creative writing. I enjoyed it very much and the Tex Mex feel.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/23/13 01:37 AM
Thanks Josie . . . I had you there for awhile didn't I? You should have seen the look on my wife's face after she heard only the 1st two chorus!

Later,
Posted By: MarioD Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/23/13 03:18 AM
Loved it Danny!

This song sounded like a Marty Robbins song to me! Great job on this one.

I think your problem with the trumpets is that you are looking for a Mariachi band sound with two trumpets playing. That is the first thing I thought of as you have pictures of a Mariachi band. Just my thoughts good buddy.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/23/13 03:32 AM
Quote:

Loved it Danny!

This song sounded like a Marty Robbins song to me! Great job on this one.

I think your problem with the trumpets is that you are looking for a Mariachi band sound with two trumpets playing. That is the first thing I thought of as you have pictures of a Mariachi band. Just my thoughts good buddy.

You know just what I was thinking . . . sometimes you just have to make lemonade when handed a lemon. Not that the trumpet track is a lemon, and I was always told never eat/suck a lemon in front of a trumpet player. I wonder why? But I digress . . . again.

PS: I still love that version of Teach Me Tonight we did together a few years back.

Thanks man,
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/23/13 03:33 PM
Hi Danny
Fun song. I enjoyed it very much. I loved the twist
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/23/13 11:56 PM
Sounds like a cross between Jimmy Buffet and Marty Robbins...
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/24/13 12:22 AM
hi danny very creative and fun song really good use of biab good vocal thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Noel96 Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/24/13 12:35 AM
Hi Danny,

Please add "+1 and then some" to all the above compliments. This was a great song to listen to. I've gotta hand it to you, you've got a really clever way with words. I admire your ability. I'm learning lots from you as listen to your work.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Danny C. Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/24/13 07:14 PM
Joanne , Herb, F.F.M, Noel,

Thank each of you for the time you took to listen and post you comments and kind words here.

Later,
Posted By: dcuny Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/24/13 10:15 PM
Great song! I loved the trumpet.

And it sounded great through the cheap laptop speakers I'm currently using, which says a lot about the mix.
Posted By: rsdean Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/24/13 11:27 PM
Danny,

Excellent song. Loved the feel and mix.

Bob
Posted By: Steve Young Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/25/13 03:55 AM
Danny,

Outstanding!!! The story really pulled me in. And living just outside of San Antonio, the music sounded familiar.

Very cleverly written, and the mix and overall "sound" is right on. Your vocals really fit the song too.

Other than all the above, though, I really like the song!

Steve
Posted By: Danny C. Re: My Black Haired Beauty - 02/25/13 07:31 PM
Yo,

David, Bob and Steve thank you guys sooooo much for the time to listen and comment. The kind words of course are the bonus.

Later,
© PG Music Forums