PG Music Home
Posted By: Charlie McG New Original - I think it's that honey - 03/06/13 02:07 PM
Haven't done a song using BiaB in a while. Thought I would give it a shot. This is an original country song. Used a couple of Brent Mason styles along with a pedal steel style. I only sang on this one. Any feedback you have to offer would be appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/sparkplugjohnny/i-think-its-that-honey
Posted By: gibson Re: New Original - I think it's that honey - 03/06/13 02:19 PM
Charlie,
You sure know how to rock, country style-ish!!!
What RT's did you use??

EXCELLENT

Alyn
Charlie
so thats what did it for me, is it??!! Damn!!
A smashing Country Rocker with a decent tune and humorous lyrics. You don't get any of that in the "Pop" world these days. Sigh.
The middle Brent infill fitted just perfect and I enjoyed the whole thing.
cheers
ian
ps - I STILL like honey on my cornflakes!!
Posted By: boehm Re: New Original - I think it's that honey - 03/06/13 03:18 PM
A good one for those who like country.
But you've hidden some other gems on your soundcloud page.
Very versatile.

Guenter
Is that Jerry Lee singing, thanks for sharing, a fine piece of work! Thanks for sharing!

My Tunes
Hello, Gibson. Thanks a lot for listening. I sort of piece together styles. I used a couple of shuffle Brent Mason's. Used a rock shuffle drummer for the chorus and a Brent Mason Drummer. Used a pedal steel 120 BPM solo. Experimented with so many I lost track. Would need to go through the list again to see what I did.

sixchannel, thanks for listening and your comments. I actually just started putting honey in my cereal and that's where I got the idea for the song.

Boehm, thanks. Lately I've been writing and recording more rock music but thought I would get back to a little country. Thanks for checking the other songs out.

Pg, grew up on Jerry Lee so he definitely influenced me. Glad you liked it. Thanks a lot.
Charlie,

This is excellent! Great mix & production! I like how you added & subtracted instruments to create a nice dynamic level. Good songwriting & vocals as well.

Well Done!

Greg
Greg, thanks a lot. Glad you liked it. A friend listened to this and he recommended I take out the piano on the front part of the verses and let it build. Glad I listened to him.
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Original - I think it's that honey - 03/06/13 11:28 PM
Charlie,

Very cool song - definate Jerry Lee vibe.

Bob
Posted By: dani48 Re: New Original - I think it's that honey - 03/07/13 12:13 AM
Hi, Charlie !

I liked everything about this song !
both vocals, lyrics, backing and playing
which all together made that incredible
super sound !:)

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Original - I think it's that honey - 03/07/13 12:48 AM
Quote:

Hi, Charlie !

I liked everything about this song !
both vocals, lyrics, backing and playing
which all together made that incredible
super sound !:)

Cheers
Dani

A BIG +1

If you had put some of that honky tonk piano this would have passed as Jerry Lee!
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Original - I think it's that honey - 03/07/13 06:33 AM
It's agreeing with me! Love it Charlie - sounds great.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Original - I think it's that honey - 03/07/13 09:50 AM
Hi Charlie,

LOVE IT!!!! I bet it's impossible to listen to this song without smiling from ear to ear. It's incredibly infectious and incredibly enjoyable. The writing, arranging, production and performance are perfect!

Regards,
Noel
rsdean, thanks a lot for listening and your comments.

dani, thanks very much. Glad you liked the song.

Hello, Mario. Thank you. I didn't have old Jerry Lee in mind when recording this but nothing wrong with that.

Sundance, thanks a lot. Glad you liked the song.

Noel, thanks so much for those kind words. That's the feeling I was hoping to project when I did the song.
Charlie,

Incredibly Enjoyable!! A great track in all regards. Killer Country production (the opening sounded like Garth was about to start singing), excellent mix and perfect vocal.

Loved it! More, more more!!!

floyd
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New Original - I think it's that honey - 03/07/13 08:01 PM
Another good one Sparkplug, you old rocker you!

Any new wacky videos in the works?

Later,
floyd jane, I wish Garth would sing this. It might make for a good payday. Thanks a lot for listening and that great review. Glad you liked it.

Hey, Danny. Thanks a lot. I'm trying to think of a video for this right now. But I'm feeling lazy.
© PG Music Forums