PG Music Home
Posted By: aleck rand Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/08/13 06:12 PM
New English lyrics and arrangement by Aleck Rand, who does the vocal and plays nylon and electric 12-string guitars and bass (and also OWNS THE COPYRIGHT to this world classic written in 1960 by Bruno Martino (music) and Bruno Brighetti (lyrics)). RealTracks artist and superdrummer Terry Clarke on percussion (Bossa brushes).

Interestingly, Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Italian translation: Summer) was included as a sample song in previous versions of BIAB but I'm unable to find it anywhere in the 2013 version.

You can also examine various English lyrics for the tune. For reasons that I think are obvious, I had to write new ones.

Listen to my version of Estate here: https://soundcloud.com/aleckrand/estate-ay-stat-eh-summer
Posted By: boehm Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/09/13 03:41 PM
Hi Aleck,
very well played and sung.
It's a nice tune.
But I think you should explain how it comes
that you own the copyright.

Guenter
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/10/13 10:54 PM
Great arrangement and performance Aleck!
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/11/13 01:42 PM
Masterful recording of a strong performance. It has the ambience of a very small club. I would have liked the bass a little more forward in the mix, but that's just me. Thanks for sharing.

Richard
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/11/13 05:58 PM
One for those warm summer evenings where you can sit outside with the one you Love and enjoy great music like this.
Ace!
Ian
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/12/13 09:54 PM
Wow! I'm not sure I can stand this kind of flattery. I'm deeply gratified by the favorable responses of Boehm, Peter Gannon, Ryszard, and sixchannel. All the more because I know they understand what they're hearing, warts and all.

With sincere thanks,

Aleck
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/13/13 12:04 AM
Strong performance Aleck, a very enjoyable listen.

Later,
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/13/13 12:09 AM
Thanks Danny.

Aleck
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/13/13 12:38 AM
`Very nice rendition...

Like the lyrics, too!!

This song has haunted me for years...and will until the sun sets for me over the coconut tree.

I've implanted it for the time being, a rendition by Matt Otten... and others... under learning sources for jazz/latin guitar and past hits on YouTube.

Best to you....
Posted By: MarioD Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/13/13 10:31 PM
This is one great lounge and/or small club song. You did a fantastic job with it.

Two thumbs up
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/15/13 02:43 PM
Thanks G,

I know what you mean about being obsessed with a tune. For me, it's "Lush Life." I'm getting up the nerve to do a vocal version of this heavyweight. Sinatra tried it and gave up right there in the studio. There's a sound clip of the event on the web. One great thing about this Forum is that we're all among friends. Even if you screw up, there won't be any drunks, hecklers, etc. hassling you.

Thanks for the kind comments on Estate.

Aleck
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Estate (ay-STAT-eh, Summer) - 03/15/13 02:46 PM
Hi Mario,

Thank you for the kind remarks. There are spots where the intonation is shaky, and I might have done a few things differently, but, in all, I think it came out pretty good.

Aleck
© PG Music Forums