PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece - 03/11/13 12:33 AM
I did this yesterday for our new Finnish friend, Dani. He's heard it and enjoyed it. Welcome, Dani, my friend.

It's the first tune on my SoundClick site.

Comments a constructive criticism welcomed.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
Posted By: dani48 Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece - 03/11/13 01:11 AM
Hi, Don, my friend

I think it is a marvellous tune
and I feel more than honoured
for your dedication !:) I am
waiting eagerly for the lyrics
so that I can sing this tune
about how distances do not mean
anything for true friends !:)

Thank you Don so much and also for
your warm words of welcome!:)

Cheers
Dani
Hi Don
Very cute tune. I also look forward to you dreaming up some lyrics and letting Dani have a go at singing them.
Well done Don
Posted By: boehm Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece - 03/11/13 04:54 PM
Hi Don,

Nice tune.
But you didn't play the mandolin, did you?
If so, it's cute.

Guenter
Hi Don
I really enjoyed this.
I guess the Mandolin Lead is RT. I love the way it all sits so well together.
A bluegrass style for you maybe but to us over here in the UK it could so easily be converted into an Irish Waltz with a fiddle Lead.
Excellent, my friend.
Ian
Don,

That is quite the "enjoyable listen". I think Ian is right, it does have that Irish flair to it.. Do they have mandolins in Finland?

floyd
No Floyd - they have Huskies! Lol !
Nurse! Nurse!
Goodnight all
Ian
Posted By: dani48 Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece - 03/11/13 11:52 PM
Hi, Floyd and Ian ! (Lol):)

Certainly we do have mandolins but
I think that the Kantele is the true
finnish string instrument ?

Lol
Dani
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece - 03/12/13 01:10 AM
Very nice flow to this waltz.

Good job Don!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece - 03/12/13 06:20 AM
Hi Don,

Wonderful. To me it sounded like the melody was 6/8 and played against a 3/4 accompaniment. It certainly fitted incredibly well. This is a very engaging piece of music. Loved it.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums