PG Music Home
Posted By: Fitzync Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/19/13 07:49 PM
My daughter is getting married in September, and while we were discussing what song we will dance to, she asked me if I would write one for us.

She hasn't heard this as she wants to hear it for the first time when we dance.

All the instruments are Band in a Box, I just love this program, although it does make me lazy sometimes

http://soundcloud.com/fitzync/the-best-thing-that-happened
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/19/13 08:24 PM
Fitzy,

Beautiful song. Great vocal and harmony, and excellent tracks and mix. Super well done. Your daughter will have a lifetime memory with this.

You had better stock up on the tissues. There is gonna be a LOT of crying...

Wonderful.

floyd
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/19/13 08:26 PM
Hi Fitzy
Well done! A Great song to mark the special day.
I'm sure that she will wet your shirt with tears!.
One Question - on the day, who will sing the song?
Congratulations
Ian
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/19/13 09:34 PM
Had me from the 1st verse. My prediction is that when the sax solo begings you will look into each other's eyes and ball like two babies. In fact I'll be willing to put money on this one!

Get ready for the waterworks!

Later,
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/19/13 11:25 PM
Really beautiful! I have 2 daughters, and both of them got married within 1 year, so I know what you are about to go through.

As has been said, good job with the vocals, the harmonies, the whole song. I know she will love it! And I know there will be tears!

Steve
Posted By: Sundance Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/20/13 01:28 AM
Huge +1 to what's already been said. This is absolutely beautiful. She's going to love it and so is everyone else. I'm going to buy stock in kleenex now.

Great work.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/20/13 07:08 AM
Perfect meeting of lyrics and melody! Thanks for sharing! Your daughter will love it!
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/20/13 11:40 AM
Wow, really nice Fitsy...she's going to love this.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/20/13 11:56 AM
Very nice. Your daughter will dance to a song her Dad wrote just for her - how cool is that?

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: boehm Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/20/13 02:41 PM
Hi Fitzy,

Antwort auf:

Beautiful song. Great vocal and harmony, and excellent tracks and mix. Super well done. Your daughter will have a lifetime memory with this.

Exactly.

Guenter
Posted By: Fitzync Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/20/13 04:00 PM
Ian,

we are having a DJ so I will give him a CD to play.
Posted By: Fitzync Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/20/13 04:04 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, praise from fellow musicians is high praise indeed. I intended to carry a clean handkerchief to give my daughter, but after reading these replies I think AT LEAST two will be in order!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/23/13 07:32 PM
Quote:

Had me from the 1st verse. My prediction is that when the sax solo begings you will look into each other's eyes and ball like two babies. In fact I'll be willing to put money on this one!

Get ready for the waterworks!

Later,

I'm with Danny on this one. Does anyone want to bet us?

This is one fantastic tribute to your daughter as well as a very special song that she will cherish for the rest of her life. You should be very proud of this one!

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Father Daughter Wedding Dance - 03/23/13 10:31 PM
Hi Fitz,

What a beautiful, wonderful, special song. Everything about it is exceptionally well done - writing, arranging, singing, mixing. As Floyd said above "Your daughter will have a lifetime memory with this."

My best wishes to your all,
Noel
© PG Music Forums