PG Music Home
Posted By: rsdean Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 03/31/13 08:56 PM
Here's a spooky little song about lost love... LOL! All BIAB/RTs.

Tonight The Ghost Will Fly

We hope you enjoy it - thanks for listening.

Bob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 01:10 AM
Hey Bob and Josie,

This is very 'spooky' indeed! In the thread for my latest song, at 5:46 am, I hinted about your potential next song. Now at 6:56 am, it appears. Wow!!!

As I sit here listening, my first impression is that the overall production has a really professional sound to it. I also found myself entranced by the hook "Tonight the ghost will fly". It's such a good metaphor for a dying, and soon to be dead, relationship (at least that's how the words spun their surrealistic story to me).

It's not often that a song in minor keys comes along. When it does, it always grabs my attention. You've inspired me to try something in minor

Best wishes to you both!
Noel
Love the harmony, and the vocal treatment is outstanding! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Noel. We were going for a very surreal and a very indie vibe.
We always appreciate your thoughtful comments.

Your esp must've been working on the timing of the post.
Hey Guys,

I just started working on a song with a "minor" flavor so I'm relating from the get go on this one.

A very good job! I thought the bongo's really added to the flavor and worked well in the song.

Greg
Hi Bob and Josie
Your link won't play on an Android! :-{(.
So will have to wait a few days till we get back home
Cheers
Ian
Wow. Been absent form the forums for a while. First thing hear when I sign-in is this haunting song. Lovely productions. The two voices work great together.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 11:25 AM
Noel,

LOL! We must all be on the same wavelength...

Thanks for the very kind words.

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 11:26 AM
Robert,

Thanks so much - we appreciate that!

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 02:08 PM
Greg,

Thanks. Yes, the "minor" feel was what we were looking for in this song. Look forward to hearing what you are working on.

Bob
Posted By: boehm Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 02:15 PM
Hi Bob and Josie,

you're a really good team.
Your voices blend great.

Guenter
I like that. Thanks for sharing. You definitely achieved the "indie vibe."
I'm a sucker for a minor key tune. Gotta wonder if we have something in our DNA that makes them sound sad, spooky and, even, sometimes sinister.
Posted By: gibson Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 05:31 PM
Typical Josie and Bob song ie EXCELLENT, your voices go well together.

Cole Porter sets the minor mood well in "Every time we say goodbye"...
"There's no love song finer but how strange the change from major to minor every time we say goodbye"

anyway gonna listen to YOUR song, again now

Alyn
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 08:44 PM
Ian,

Thanks. We appreciate the support.

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 08:46 PM
Phil,

Thank you for the feedback. Josie and I are really glad you enjoyed it.

Bob
Bob and Josie,

Very nice vocal blend. Harmonies are great.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 11:14 PM
Guenter,

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 11:15 PM
Mootsman,

Thanks for listening and commenting. Yes, minor keys do bring about a different vibe...

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/01/13 11:17 PM
Alyn,

Thanks. Josie and I are so glad you liked the song. Appreciate the feedback.

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/02/13 10:15 AM
Floyd,

Thanks for listening - much appreciated.

Bob
Guys, sounding great together. Enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/03/13 11:54 AM
Charlie,

Thanks - we appreciate the feedback.

Bob
Bob and Josie,
Enjoyed your music, as always.
A lot of talent between you two... Thanks for sharing your tunes with us.
Curt Young
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/06/13 11:57 AM
Curt,

Thanks - Josie and I really appreciate your feedback.

Bob
singing the same melody in octaves works very well in this song, and even adds a haunting quality.
A little late to the party so all I'll add to the above is that it was an enjoyable listen.

Later,
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/07/13 05:59 PM
Pat,

Thanks. We're glad you enjoyed it.

Bob
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/07/13 07:54 PM
great job guys realy nice vocalgreat blend and mix guys thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/07/13 08:50 PM
Danny,

Much appreciated - Thanks.

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/07/13 11:10 PM
Eric,

Thanks - we appreciate you listening and providing feedback.

Bob
As always, great stuff. Good writing!

Steve
Posted By: rsdean Re: Tonight The Ghost Will Fly - Josie & Bob - 04/16/13 09:02 PM
Thanks Steve!

Bob
© PG Music Forums